cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finesse
Advocate

Can't play content

I've paid (for Sports package), on my laptop; when I clicked on (The Ashes) it asked if I wanted to download the Player, I said yes; then the checkbox was flashing ("I have downloaded the Player" or something)

I thought that this was prompting me to check the box so I did; I suspect this was before any download was c omplete.

So now when I click the Play button, nothing happens.

How do I get a 2nd crack at downloading the Player?

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

Have a search across the community, many have tried and many have failed. Try to use another device if you can. 

Finesse
Advocate

Solved now, by live chat with a human (Abbas), and RoyB's help also v good.

It remains unclear, as you go through the install steps, when you've genuinely completed the job, but it asks you (via checkbox) to confirm that you've installed it. 

If (as in my first case) you click too soon, it's hard then to find how to try again (unless you have RoyB in your back pocket!). On my second try, (with Abbas guiding me via chat) I was nervous about checking the box when I HAD finished, fearing I'd have a repeat/groundhog day!

RoyB
Legend

@Finesse 

When you download the Player on a PC, all it does is to put the install .exe in your Downloads folder.

You need to run this .exe to actually install the Player.

Depending on what browser you use, the download usually becomes available at top right in the browser window for you to click it there and run the install; but if you didn’t do this, go and look in your Downloads folder for something that arrived today with Now in the name, and execute that to get the Player installed.

Only then can you perhaps experience the sort of difficulties that @redchiz1 has in mind 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Finesse
Advocate

See above reply to RedChiz;

All sorted now, except I now have to work out how to get Now on my Amazon Firestick....

RoyB
Legend

@Finesse 

From your back pocket…. 😛

https://www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-download-apps-on-fire-stick

Make sure your Firestick is one of these, though, as the earliest devices aren’t supported by Now any more:-

The NOW app is compatible on the following Amazon Stick and Cube devices:

• Fire TV Stick Lite - 1st Gen (2020)
  • Fire TV Stick - 3rd Gen (2020)
  • Fire TV Stick - 2nd Gen (2016-2019)
  • Fire TV Stick - Basic Edition (2017)
  • Fire TV Stick 4K - 1st Gen (2018)
  • Fire TV Cube - 2nd Gen (2019)
Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.