cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gamer49
Advocate

Broadband constantly crashing or going off.

Does anyone else have the same issues? My son can be playing his game and to see him try is frustrating me! It is so bad lagging and constantly jittering. Even not on the game it just disconnects for nothing and even my phones don't seem to be charging anymore! I just don't know what the issue is.

• PC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gamer49 

Assuming you have a decent download and upload speed on your internet connection.

And the green middle light on the front of the NOW Hub 2 Router remains on and doesn't go off or change colour to either red or orange.

Then has a test I would be tempted to go into your NOW Router webpage Settings and disable IPV6.

Other than that maybe get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance and help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gamer49 

Assuming you have a decent download and upload speed on your internet connection.

And the green middle light on the front of the NOW Hub 2 Router remains on and doesn't go off or change colour to either red or orange.

Then has a test I would be tempted to go into your NOW Router webpage Settings and disable IPV6.

Other than that maybe get in touch with the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance and help.

RoyB
Legend

@gamer49 

If your phones aren’t charging, it sounds like a fault with your electricity supply. If you have low voltage, nothing in your home will work reliably.

i had a work colleague who was getting 180-210 volts depending on the time of day. 210 was just about OK, but when it dropped to 180, it wasn’t. I believe a transformer on the supply to his home was at fault,

In the old days, you could diagnose this by your television picture no longer filling the screen, but this does not work with flat panels. Dim lighting is still a giveaway though.

Contact your electricity supplier to get this checked out. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gamer49
Advocate

Hey schnapps, All the checks came back ok, no issue with lights on the front of the box but we just can't seem to load pages quickly or game!  We just want the lagging to stop. I will try your suggestion because am desparate with my lad in my ear i really would love to solve it. 

Thank you for helping.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gamer49 

No guarantee it will work, but worth trying.

To disable IPV6 on your NOW Hub 2 Router, type 192.168.0.1 in your internet browser url address bar.

Then when the NOW Router webpage appears, click on the Advanced tab, then you will be asked for the username and password where the default is admin nowtv, then select the Lan IP Setup tab, then untick Enable IPV6 on Lan side, then click the green Apply button.

The NOW Router may then do a reboot and might take around 5 minutes to settle back down.

If that doesn't help, then phone the NOW Broadband Team.

Hope you get it sorted.