cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost isn't providing 1080P Sky Sports

Hi, I recently bought a new 4K TV, I have a Now TV Stick and I have an active sky sports month pass and the Now TV Boost so I can watch in 1080p HD. When I scroll through the TV Guide, the Sky Sports channels say for example, "Sky Sports Football HD" but when I click on the channel it plays the SD version as in the top right it doesn't say HD like it normally does. I've done as many troubleshooting steps I can do, including taking the stick out for a bit then back in again, and a hard factory reset, both to no avail. I've also tried cancelling Now TV Boost and then activating it again. None of these have worked and I still can't get 1080p HD sky sports. Any help would be much appreciated.

H

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The idents do not have HD on them anymore.  You can’t tell if it is HD or SD from that.

The way to check you have HD is to pause Main Event or Premier League or a movie and you will see HD showing on the information. No other sports channels are HD.

FWIW I was watching Arsenal v Chelsea last week on normal 720pm+25fps on a Now Stick and during first half upgraded.  The difference was amazing.  The ball stopped flickering and the image was so much sharper.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

All eleven Sky Sports channels get the 1080p HD upgrade using a Boost Pass on Boost supported nowtv playback devices.

The biggest picture improvement when watching sports is the 50fps playback on the Main Event & Premier League channels (unless you own an LG smart TV with the inbuilt NowTV App which is still on the lower frame rate of 25fps).

The remaining nine Sky Sports channels even with the 1080p bump in picture resolution still looks poor to me because of the low frame rate of 25fps.

Just hoping nowtv will also bump the frame rate to 50fps soon on the remaining nine Sky Sports channels, which i still tend to avoid if i can when using my Boost Pass & NowTV Sports Pass on my NowTV boxes & Roku Stick Plus.

Also i am hoping NowTV can add more devices soon that can support the Boost Pass on them.