cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam12
Advocate

Error 20001

Is anyone else getting this code on an android mobile.

The app works on my tablet which is running the same version of android. I have signed up to watch the f1 but am not always home to watch but thought if I could watch on my mobile it would be worth it but if I can't I am not sure it's worth the membership. 

I have contacted the help but just keep being told they are working on it, looking at previous posts this has been an ongoing issue for 6 months or so

Has anyone found a fix?

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Sam12 

Try starting the Now app from a different browser, preferably one with no customisation, and a cleared cache.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Sam12
Advocate

Thank you for your reply, how do I start the app with a different browser?

RoyB
Legend

@Sam12 

If you have only one browser on your mobile, download a different one from the App Store on your phone. You probably have Chrome now; a good different one would be Firefox.

Then go into the browser, rather than the app, open a tab for Now, sign in, and try to watch a programme covered by your existing membership(s).

It will tell you it needs to open the Now app, to which you reply ‘I already have this’.

At which point, it should either work, or error again.

If it errors, the next step is to delete the Now app off the phone, then power down the phone for two minutes, power it up again, reinstall the Now app, and try again .

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.