cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Query about sticks/passes

Hi,

i recently (last week) bought a now tv hdmi stick to replace a box.  It came with 2 months entertainment.  This week I saw the Black Friday deal for 12 months movies & entertainment & I bought that direct from now tv.  I am awaiting delivery of the stick.

when it arrives, can I connect that to have 14 months entertainment & 12 movies?  I have read elsewhere about having to wait till you are in your last 30 days if it is a pass. As these are 2 sticks I am not sure, can someone please advise...thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't had the opportunity to try out these nowtv sticks with the bundled 12 month passes to be honest.

However, i believe this is how it will work if you follow this advice below.

When the new stick arrives from nowtv, then when you are ready setup the new stick and follow the instructions on your television screen.

Make sure when asked when setting up the new stick you use the existing nowtv account details with your current 2 month entertainment pass on.

Once the second stick is activated the 12 month cinema and entertainment pass will be automatically uploaded to your account if there was no paper scratch card vouchers in the box.

Then when you are ready to start the 12 month cinema voucher go to the nowtv website under My Account > Passes & Vouchers where you should see somewhere on the page a cinema redeem button to start your cinema voucher.

With the entertainment 12 month voucher, i would suspect there will be a separate entertainment redeem voucher button on the page, which will say something like that you can redeem the entertainment offer once in the last 30 days remaining on your current two month entertainment pass offer.

If you then redeem the 12 month entertainment voucher within the 30 days left on the current offer before the next due payment date shown, you will then get 12 months cinema and 14 months entertainment on your account.

If you haven't taken advantage of the 14 day free cinema trial before on your account, then you could start 14 day free trial, then once started add the redeem cinema 12 month voucher straight after (don't leave it until the 14 day trial is up) then you should get 12 months & 14 days of continuous cinema on your account as well.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't had the opportunity to try out these nowtv sticks with the bundled 12 month passes to be honest.

However, i believe this is how it will work if you follow this advice below.

When the new stick arrives from nowtv, then when you are ready setup the new stick and follow the instructions on your television screen.

Make sure when asked when setting up the new stick you use the existing nowtv account details with your current 2 month entertainment pass on.

Once the second stick is activated the 12 month cinema and entertainment pass will be automatically uploaded to your account if there was no paper scratch card vouchers in the box.

Then when you are ready to start the 12 month cinema voucher go to the nowtv website under My Account > Passes & Vouchers where you should see somewhere on the page a cinema redeem button to start your cinema voucher.

With the entertainment 12 month voucher, i would suspect there will be a separate entertainment redeem voucher button on the page, which will say something like that you can redeem the entertainment offer once in the last 30 days remaining on your current two month entertainment pass offer.

If you then redeem the 12 month entertainment voucher within the 30 days left on the current offer before the next due payment date shown, you will then get 12 months cinema and 14 months entertainment on your account.

If you haven't taken advantage of the 14 day free cinema trial before on your account, then you could start 14 day free trial, then once started add the redeem cinema 12 month voucher straight after (don't leave it until the 14 day trial is up) then you should get 12 months & 14 days of continuous cinema on your account as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much for your reply Schnapps, I will do that when the stick arrives.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I recently purchased the Black Friday deal "Get a 12 month Sky Cinema and Entertainment Pass for just £99"

However now wish I had done the "Grab a NOW TV Smart stick with Sky Cinema and Entertainment for just £106"

Is there anyway to cancel and re-order or to add on the smart stick now for just £7?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Suggest you jump over to live chat and ask them if there is anything they can do about swapping your Black Friday offers on your account.

Link here to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Recent purchase of fire stick i have lost the 2 month free option how do i redeem it i purchased it on amazon ? i am currently on 14 day free trial.

I am on netflix, amazon and trying now tv so am going to cancel one any thoughts on which?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i think i found the voucher in a pop as mentioned in previous comments, Thanks.

Do i apply it after the 14 day free trial or apply it now ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apply the voucher once you have started the 14 day free trial (don't leave it after the trial as finished).

Should you follow the above, your 14 day free trial and voucher pass with continue without any interruptions.

Just remember if you don't want to continue with the voucher pass after it finishes, that you cancel before the voucher expires, otherwise the pass will auto renew each month until you cancel.

Don't worry if you cancel early after redeeming your voucher, where you will still get the full duration of the voucher pass.

Should you ever cancel nowtv, make sure you follow all the step by step instructions on screen until you get the green thumbs up message on screen confirming you have successfully cancelled the pass.

Then go back to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here, where it should show a cancelled message next to the pass that you cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you very much mate all do that now and see how i get on.