cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NomSat
Mentor

Can I cancel after 1st month if I get the current offer of £21 per month for 6 months

Hello NOW community,

For the Cricket World Cup I was looking for a monthly one-off subscription for NOW TV which I did last yr. But seems there isn't any specific one-month deal. Thinking of getting the current offer £21 per month for 6 months but not sure whether I will be tied up for 6 months or not. Please advise. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@NomSat 

Yes, that offer is a Cancel Anytime one, so you won’t be tied in for more than a month at a time.

My strategy would be to take it, and then to cancel it straightaway, as you always get all of the month you have paid for anyway.

If you decide you want it for longer, then just unCancel it before the first month is up, and you will get another month at the same reduced price, and so on.

Though note if you cancel, and then let the next renewal date pass without uncancelling, you will lose the discount offer going forward.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
NomSat
Mentor

Thanks Roy, appreciate your detailed reply. Just checked and the WC is for more than a month starting from tomorrow. So if I buy this tomorrow (5th Oct) then I should submit the cancellation request on 5th Nov to get it for 2 months? 

RoyB
Legend

@NomSat 

Theoretically yes, 5th November. But safer to leave it for a day or two, so it’s very clear you are in the second month before cancelling, if you wanted it for two months.

In fact, cancelling on any day up to 3rd December will do (not the 4th, as Now sometimes start the billing cycle a few hours before the renewal day), but I always caution against leaving it until the last minute, to avoid any hiccups like outages, or the app going doolally, and so on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Barneylee
Advocate

actually you cannot cancel *in the way you think you can* i signed up to nowtv a few months ago because it gave me the same offer, however the automated response was similar to (cant remember exact wording) *your subscription will be cancelled at the end of the offer period, you will still be charged XXX a month during this offer period until your current offer ends, at which point your subscription will be cancelled*

*Additional*: unless each specific offer is different? in my case i signed up to nowtv, nowtv cinema and boost due to the combined offer for 6 months, i was able to cancel cinema and boost, but it will not allow me to cancel the NOWTV standard , it said *you will still have access to nowtv and will be cancelled at the end of the 6 month period* which sucks, because that is money i need

RoyB
Legend

@Barneylee

Here’s the current offers:-

IMG_1140.jpeg

You will notice that the Sports one, which @NomSat asked about, says ‘Cancel Anytime’, whereas the other two, one of which you signed up to, clearly say ‘6 month minimum term’.

Now have pulled some sneakies in the past with the ancillary items in these bundles (which I think they have now stopped pulling, thank goodness) but the main item has always been clearly described, as here.

Nonetheless, if you get on Live Chat and eat humble pie, they may cancel the deal and refund you nevertheless.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid the Nowbot, and buttons that say ‘Get Help Quicker’, and take the straight and narrow path to Live Chat.

john1949
Advocate

I want to cancel now what do I do.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@john1949 

You need to know where you took the membership(s) out to begin with as this will determine how you go about cancelling. Have a look about this from billed through NOW directly and via third party such as Amazon, iTunes etc.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
NomSat
Mentor

Thanks a ton Roy for the detailed explanation. I am ordering now 😄