cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 months for the price of 1 offer didn't work

This is probably a futile exercise (other than venting) since I just contacted the live support chat and they weren't able to help, but I wondered if anyone else encountered this?

There was an offer available until 9 June on the home page of the Now TV UK website – two months of Entertainment Membership for the price of one for new Entertainment sign-ups. I signed up via the 'Claim Offer' button and a message on the checkout page indicated the discount code was applied successfully and the next payment would not be until 8 August. But after the purchase had gone through, there was no record of the offer having been redeemed in either the email receipt or in my account. Then the second monthly payment of £9.99 came out on 8 July. 

Of course, because I now have no record of the offer code anywhere and it has since been removed from the website, the support team says they can't do anything. In hindsight, I would have taken a screenshot of that message on the checkout page before finishing but I thought the redeemed offer would be noted in the account billing afterwards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Use this link, but don’t take the ‘Chat to an advisor’ path, as you have already been down that route to no effect; use one of the other options.

Even though the web page may have gone, Now must know if there was such an offer available when you signed up for it, and whether you were eligible or not; and if there was such an offer and you were eligible, refund you the month’s overpayment.

Or take the trouble to explain exactly why you didn’t get what you thought you were getting.

And not just fob you off by saying that you can’t prove any of it.

I think it is up to Now, who must have records of what offers they were making when, and must know to the second when and how you signed up, to prove that you weren’t eligible for what you thought you were eligible for at the time, if they dispute your version of events.

They owe you, if not a month’s subscription, at least that much.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Use this link, but don’t take the ‘Chat to an advisor’ path, as you have already been down that route to no effect; use one of the other options.

Even though the web page may have gone, Now must know if there was such an offer available when you signed up for it, and whether you were eligible or not; and if there was such an offer and you were eligible, refund you the month’s overpayment.

Or take the trouble to explain exactly why you didn’t get what you thought you were getting.

And not just fob you off by saying that you can’t prove any of it.

I think it is up to Now, who must have records of what offers they were making when, and must know to the second when and how you signed up, to prove that you weren’t eligible for what you thought you were eligible for at the time, if they dispute your version of events.

They owe you, if not a month’s subscription, at least that much.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB 

Thanks for the reply. I agree with what you said about needing more investigation and that there must be a technical record at their end of when I signed up, beyond just what I see in my customer account. I wasn't holding out much hope via the live chat as generally whenever websites push you down that option the responses from the person on the other end are limited if the enquiry doesn't fit within a list of common, scripted solutions. I asked for a Help email address and they gave me one that then sends a response saying it is no longer monitored!

There didn't seem to be a link in your post but you were probably pointing me towards something like the complaint form, which I have dug out and will go ahead and use as a means to try to get them to look into it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For an update, I filled in the complaint form and got a fairly quick email back saying they couldn't find any record of the offer being used when I signed up (they did also mistakenly keep referring to the subscription as 'Now Cinema' rather than Entertainment Membership) and encouraged me to keep an eye out for future offers (sort of misses the point). So either the system didn't work or I inadvertently changed something at my end between seeing the offer accepted and finishing the checkout process. Oh well. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry about the missed link, but you are quite right about what never made it from my clipboard into the posting.

And yes, it is always advisable to have a professional camera crew filming your interactions when you accept a Now offer, in case of dispute later 😛