cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi

I think that's pretty much the reason I haven't tried Amazon Prime Video yet..... even though you pay your yearly amount, it still seems that you need to pay for some stuff on top of that, until it gets a bit older then becomes free????  I wouldn't pay for it either when you know it will be free eventually.

AMC also do a Talking Dead show for Fear and it was quite interesting watching that lately.... of the two folk who left the show during season 4a one wanted to go and the other didn't!!

Also, knowing how we love our 'timelines' FTWD does some of that in season 4a....... not as complex as Westworld, but it's still there.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Andy@Lindzi

I knew you would enjoy S2 Westworld once you got a few episodes in

Yeah great to get to see some more of the park - Ghost nation (or whatever they were called) and Samurai World (or whatever it's called) were great. I'd definitely pick Samurai World to visit, although 'Indian Empire World' (or whatever it's called) looked very relaxing - maybe finish off there for tea and cakes after a hard day's ninja-ing!! 

Futureworld for S3 please!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi As yet another aside (we've covered WD, FTWD and WW so might as well carry on) have you given The Exorcist a watch on Prime yet? (the TV show not the film) - I've really enjoyed it, and at 10 eps and a self-contained story it's an easy watch. Highly recommend (and if you are a fan of the film - number 1 on my top 10 horror films - there's some very nice connections to the film). 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi As yet another aside (we've covered WD, FTWD and WW so might as well carry on) have you given The Exorcist a watch on Prime yet? (the TV show not the film) - I've really enjoyed it, and at 10 eps and a self-contained story it's an easy watch. Highly recommend (and if you are a fan of the film - number 1 on my top 10 horror films - there's some very nice connections to the film). 

I didn't know there was a TV series?!! I don't really get onto Prime a lot as I think the content is a bit poor in comparison to Now TV and Netflix but I will hunt that down as the film is top horror. I even enjoyed the French and Saunders parody Smiley Happy

I'll have plenty of time for streaming shows now that Virgin are losing they whole TV channel line up. It's kicking off over there I can tell you Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Check it out, it's REALLY good! It's been cancelled after 2 seasons, and only season 1 is available on Prime, but both seasons are self-contained stories so it won't spoil you wathcing S1. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I def will it sounds right up my street. Thanks for letting me know about it

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi Check it out, it's REALLY good! It's been cancelled after 2 seasons, and only season 1 is available on Prime, but both seasons are self-contained stories so it won't spoil you wathcing S1. 

Hi @Andy

S1 watched, I really enjoyed it! Some questionable effects but overall a really good series Smiley Happy

Loved some of the throw backs to the film and the mum reveal. Good cast as well...Cagney or Lacey, Ferris Bueller's friend and Geena Davis. I wonder if the second series will show up free on Prime at some point.

I still have to stop myself thinking of French and Saunders though....."Your mother’s a biology teacher in Cheshire!"

Good scary bits as well Smiley Surprised

Thanks for the recommendation!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Ah cool, glad you liked it! Yeah I thought there were some good little scary bits, and while it did ramble a bit in places the whole linking it back to Regan and Christine was done well I thought, they didn't ruin the legacy of the original film which was a big plus in my eyes! The bit in the first ep (might have been second) where Fr Tomas goes up into the attic to investigate the 'rats' nearly made me spill my tea and was a great little homage to the similar scene in the film!

Second season only finished airing at the end of last year so I imagine it will be on Prime pretty soon. In return I finished S2 of FTWD but I've got to be honest it was like pulling teeth - I've given the show a good 4 chances now so I think it's definitely time for me to just call it a day on that one! I'll happily read your spoiler filled convos with @Anonymous User tho to keep me up to date!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

@Andy with FTWD I'm sure if you stuck it out to season three and four it would improve....... surely fifth times the charm!!!!!!  (you'll also be delighted to hear it has just recently been renewed for season five).

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I will watch S2 when it comes onto Prime, I also liked 'her' freak out on the subway too....that letch got what he deserved Smiley Happy

I understand giving up on Fear, I do watch it when it is free on Prime and I'm not watching any other box set. S3 was better than 1 & 2 and I will watch S4 for Morgan, but the first two seasons were a slogg so I totally get it.