cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vulnerable Customers Out of Service

I organised my grandmother to switch from Post Office to NowTV phone and broadband. She is classed as vulnerable with all her other services due to be being amputee, wheelchair bound, lacks a mobile, lives alone (the list can keep going when you're 84).

The most important thing for her was to keep her land-line number as she's had it for decades. When I did the online order it went through okay, until I got an email saying the number was changing. I contacted NowTV and they said I needed to cancel and reorder! So I did this but this time I called, registered her as vulnerable (they called Accessibility) and also registered myself as a trusted contact. 

Okay. So now when I get the same email for the new order and the number is correct this time its great! It says the activation date is for 3rd February.

When I go round a few days later to set the router up and check the line - the number was wrong! I called up NowTV, and the guy got very confused when I explained it. But he said it'd be sorted in 48hrs.

Over 48hrs later it's not sorted.

I call again. Apparently a job was never raised to Openreach. This time I go through to Accessibility help desk. They say it's raised now for Wednesday (this is Saturday) but she says someone from Welfare help desk will call me to push it sooner.

No call. 

I call back on Monday, I get through to technical support then through to Accessibility help desk, who then get Welfare to call me back. Who says as it late on Monday it'll be out Tuesday but he will call me Tuesday to update me.

No call. 

Here I am on Wednesday a week after activation date, still no further.

Whats bugging me is, is that when her line went down when she was with Post Office, they raised a job instantly and it was fixed the same day AND that was on a Saturday! NowTV aren't the ones doing the jobs, it's Openreach. So why is it so hard for NowTV to just send a job request out? Or even manage to communicate with their customers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have a phone number for Now TV.  I am trying to get broadband for my disabled daughter and I understand there is a discount available but I cannot see anyway on line to apply for it.  I hope you got the problem with your mum's number sorted out!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi what telephone number did you use as I need to speak with someone at Now TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you have a phone number for Now TV.  I am trying to get broadband for my disabled daughter and I understand there is a discount available but I cannot see anyway on line to apply for it.  I hope you got the problem with your mum's number sorted out!!