The new nowtv box (when please)

I thought we was to have for the footie kickoff which is in a few days

Is there a problem?

Is there a pre order link?

etc etc

104 REPLIES 104
BicBasher
Elite

Acquring more live TV rights, such as 'Allo 'Allo from Gold and what appears to be the bulk of shows from Sky Living.

Increasing the bitrate of live streams on the Ent pack excluding Nick and Nick Jr. to 3100

Decreasing Nick and Nick Jr. to 3100.

As mentioned, addition of more UKTV channels.  (TV Player will have all of them when it launches their premium service, but not via connected Freeview).

Add Sky News to the Ent pack.  (Currently via an app on NOW TV boxes) and SSN HQ free to all Now TV customers with an active pass regardless of platform as a taster of the sports pass. (also currently via Now TV box app).

Add Sky2 and Real Lives.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

The arrival of the new box is a welcome step in the evolution of Now TV.  But if it is to continue to grow, it still needs to make more advances to close the gap with its rivals.

I wonder which of the following developments are likely to happen soonest?

- Apps on Smart TVs other than LG

- Full Entertainment Pass & live channels on Youview

- Additional channels

- 1080p HD

- Subtitles

Or some other major development I haven't thought of?

Agree with all of the above.

Would also like to see the addition of 5.1 dolby digital sound to all NowTv streams and unlocking the usb port on the box for media playback.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Would also like to see the addition of 5.1 dolby digital sound to all NowTv streams and unlocking the usb port on the box for media playback.

Hi @schnapps

The issue with that is that quite a lot of TV content isn't filmed with 5.1 audio in the first place. You would only be able to get it on content which was originally filmed with 5.1. So if 5.1 audio were to be added a lot of the movies would end up with it, but a lot of the TV content wouldn't have it

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @schnapps

The issue with that is that quite a lot of TV content isn't filmed with 5.1 audio in the first place. You would only be able to get it on content which was originally filmed with 5.1. So if 5.1 audio were to be added a lot of the movies would end up with it, but a lot of the TV content wouldn't have it

Hi commanda6,

Totally agree with your above post.

Maybe I should have rephrased my wording a little better to say 5.1 dolby digital sound on any content that was originally sound mixed in 5.1.

Not fully sure, but are all Nowtv content streamed over the Internet in 2 channel stereo only ?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:
Hi commanda6,

Totally agree with your above post.

Maybe I should have rephrased my wording a little better to say 5.1 dolby digital sound on any content that was originally sound mixed in 5.1.

Not fully sure, but are all Nowtv content streamed over the Internet in 2 channel stereo only ?

Hi @schnapps

Currently all now TV content is two channel stereo. Although I believe much of the on demand/catch up content does support the use of Dolby pro Logic, which is simulated surroundsound but you have to use an AV receiver to get that.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I am thinking of buying a Now TV Box for the football this evening.

Will I be able to activate it as there is a banner on the web site saying there is a problem?

Also, if a sports dy pass is £6.99 why doed the site say 2 days for £24.99?

Thanks.

Graham

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User whilst the issue is ongoing you'll be unable to watch on a brand new NOW TV box. The £24.99 price is for a box and two day passes, so less than the £28.97 if you purchased them all seperatly. There are however a number of different devices you could watch the pass on, including laptops, tablets, ps3, ps4, xbox one, xbox 360, roku and chromecast.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK Thank you.

Sainsburys had an offer on for £14.00 I think including 2 sports day passes included, so will pop up there and get one.

Any news on th eprogress of ythis fault?

Thank you again.

Utd

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The £14 box will be the old white one, but for watching the sport it's perfectly fine. As for the issue, the most recent update was about half an hour ago and that was to say that the issue is still ongoing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tell you what i find crazy - retailers sell 2 months moves vouchers for £15 yet 3 months is £25!something does'nt add up there.The more you spend in 1 go should reward you...