cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Suggest Your Ideas for NOW TV Here!!!

This dedicated thread is for users to suggest ways to improve the NOW TV service that aren’t already in the Ideas Board.

Idea.png

Any ideas for improving NOW TV are welcome, and if the NOW TV Team especially like any of the ideas and think they could work you may be lucky and have your idea moved into the Ideas Board for others to vote on it. 

Please reply to this post with any ideas you have, and if you like any of the ideas do reply and let us know, and give them thanks if you agree.

Thanks to @Anonymous User for requesting this thread.

63 REPLIES 63
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Tony-D

I have a suggestion for the ideas board, if there is no software or hardware restriction reason why this can not be achieved.

Would NowTV consider offering in the Sky Accessories Store has an optional extra an Infra Red version of your smart stick remote controller for use on the smart (Freeview) box.

This would use all the same button features like the smart stick, including the four quick access keys and voice search command button.

I would also like to see the voice search button integrated to work with the Freeview now and next EPG, where for example you said into the RC mic BBC One Live, where it would then take you directly to the channel on the EPG or even better still start playing the channel live (thus saving time and hassle scrolling up and down the TV channels on the current version of the smart box remote controller to reach the channel you want to watch).

NowTV could also implement this also on the NowTV live Entertainment, Cinema, Kids and Sports channels EPG, by saying into the search mic for example Sky One Live (which could also be used with the smart stick).

I am sure a lot of nowtv smart (Freeview) box owners would welcome this Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well said! This would be a great idea, and this would save hassle! You could even have itto record, for later ueage, so that you could watch programmes at a later date!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure about the record option mind, where most of the live shows are on catch-up and i don't think Sky would be keen on this where they will be looking for customers to choose either their Sky TV Satellite or new SKY IPTV service for boxes with a recording and playback functions (otherwise more customers may jump over to nowtv).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Recording. That's what Sky Q is for. No way are Sky ever going to bring recording to NowTV. Secondly, Roku don't have devices which record.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There should be a choice of recording for any device, as not many people, have that chance! To watch there favourate programmes, when they are busy, doing other things!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do agree with you @Anonymous User but as @schnapps says if Sky made NowTV boxes somehow recordable devices it could lead to a mass exodus of Sky/Sky Q customers jumping ship to the cheaper NowTV platform which wouldn't be a good business move for Sky.

At the end of the day NowTV is basically there for people who don't want the full blown capabilities of Q (or maybe more importantly the cost). Once upon a long ago I had Sky+HD. I found it getting too expensive so I cancelled it completely. NowTV gives me access to the shows I missed, I can stream my beloved football again, and with most (if not all) of the major shows on Sky available on Catch up, not to mention the Box Sets, It's a no-brainer cost wise. 

Bottom line, for recording go for the full blown Sky Q experience, but for the price of NowTV streaming/Catch up I'm more than happy to forget about recording. There's very little on tv nowadays you won't get on the various catch up services on the NowTV boxes/sticks so in a way recording is becoming less relevant for many viewers in this day and age.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Would NowTV consider offering in the Sky Accessories Store has an optional extra an Infra Red version of your smart stick remote controller for use on the smart (Freeview) box.

This would use all the same button features like the smart stick, including the four quick access keys and voice search command button.

@schnapps Unfortunately it wouldn't be technically possible to incorporate voice search into an IR-only remote. It needs to be able to send a data stream between remote and box which requires something like a Bluetooth or Wifi connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmm....voice search.....Big Brother listening in......no thanks Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User The disadvantage of being a horror fan is Roku must have a whole server full of recordings of me shouting 'NO! I said Hitchcock!' by now! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andywrote:

@Anonymous Userwrote:

@Anonymous User The disadvantage of being a horror fan is Roku must have a whole server full of recordings of me shouting 'NO! I said Hitchcock!' by now! 😉

Smiley WinkSmiley LOL