cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stopped working

I have a now tv stick in the hdmi2 port at back of tv. Been working fine for a year and now suddenly stopped working. I cant access anything and no helpline to call 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any message on screen or error code ?

Or is the screen totally blank ?

Is there a white light on the Stick showing or does the white light flash or no white light whatsoever ?

Are you using the supplied power adapter with the Stick or a USB port on your television for power ?

Have you got another TV in the home to temporary test the Stick on ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No signal bouncing round blue screen on technika TV 

No error code

No light whatsoever on now tv firestick

Been working fine for over a year

Using supplied adapter and plugged into hdmi. Tried 1 and 2

No spare tv 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If there is no white light showing on NowTV Stick body, then it might be a power issue or faulty Stick.

If you have been using the supplied power adapter that plugs into the electrical mains, would your Technika TV have a 900ma rated USB socket to try with the Stick ?

Also would you have a USB 1 A or higher phone charger lying around the home plus a USB standard to micro USB cable to try with the Stick (just to eliminate the power adapter and  USB cable that came with the Stick out of the equation with regards to a fault ?).

I doubt this is relevant, but go into your Technika TV menu settings and try switching HDMI CEC to OFF.

If none of the above works, then you could try pressing the small reset button on the Stick for 15 seconds to factory reset the Stick, though if it is a power related issue then i doubt it would make any difference.

You may have to get in touch with the Retailer that sold you the Stick to see if they will provide you a replacement or refund.

Here's how to contact NowTV directly, where live chat would be my first point of call.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint