cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Charges on bill

I bought a replacement NOW TV box with 1 month Sky Sports pass for £34.99 at Argos on 14/9/17. I applied voucher on 159/17. My bill shows a £10.20 charge for the sports pass. I did not expect to pay any additional charges. Is this how they double charge?
I understood the box was £14.99 and the sports pass was a special offer at £20

29 REPLIES 29
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If you use the code provided in the box for your month sports pass then no charge should show on your account at all. £10.20 is an unusual amount as it doesn't match any passes currently offered, however if you are or were a Combo customer it could be a part payment for a month pass if you accidentally bought one instead of applying the code. Check your My Account> View My Bills page to see what the charge is for. 

If if it looks like you've been charged for a month pass you have two choices. You can apply the code again and it will give you next month free instead (you'll have paid for this month) or you can pop onto live chat and see if they'd be willing to cancel and refund your pass so you can apply your code instead.

Theres problems with live chat at the mo, but if you come back later you'll hopefully be able to talk to them. To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy (Legend 2)
Thanks for response.
I have had a look at my detailed bills. My bill date is 24th each month.
My 1 month pass was from 15 Sept to 14 Oct. This has been credited.
The £10.20 charge is for 15 Oct to 23 October.
They assume I will continue with a Sports subscription which I will not.
I cancelled the Sports subscription on 8 October. This has been removed from my October bill.
How do I get them to remove that charge from my September bill.
The agents on the live chat were no help.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Ah OK. You're on a monthly billing cycle, so what should happen is if you haven't already been billed the charge should disappear on the next estimated bill after cancellation, whereas if you've already been billed it will be credited in the next monthly bill.

You're next bill isn't until 24th, but because you only cancelled yesterday it may take a day or two for that £10.20 to be removed. If I was you, I would leave it a couple of days, and then if the charge is still appearing on your next estimated bill then either post back or, if you are a NOW TV Combo customer (you get broadband and calls from NOW TV) then give the Combo Team a call and they will make sure you're not charged.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Actually sorry ignore my previous post, I hadn't read the whole thread properly again. 

So originally you had a code for a free month of sports. But you've ended up being charged. 

I think what's happened is the code hasn't applied properly and you've been charged for a month sports pass instead. So unless you've asked for that to be refunded it will stay on your bill, as the charge for the current pass you have. 

Have you asked for this to be cancelled and refunded yet?

If you haven't done that yet, are you a current Combo customer? If so, please give the Combo Team a ring, explain to them that you have a code for a month sport pass but you've been charged, and see if they would be able to refund that and apply the code you have for a free month instead. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello Andy (Legend 2)
Thanks again.
I think your previous post may be correct.
I think The voucher was applied correctly.
I do not have broadband an calls from NOW TV only a monthly cinema pass.
This is my September bill
September bill
24 Sep 2017 - 23 Oct 2017

Monthly recurring charges £9.99
NOW TV Combo
Sky Cinema Pass £9.99
Subtotal £9.99
Adjustment charges £10.20
Partial charges to align with new billing period
Sky Sports Month Pass £9.87
15 Sep - 23 Sep

1 month Sports free -£9.87
15 Sep - 23 Sep
Sky Sports Month Pass £23.79
24 Sep - 14 Oct

1 month Sports free -£23.79
24 Sep - 14 Oct

Sky Sports Month Pass £10.20
15 Oct - 23 Oct
Subtotal £10.20

Total
£20.19
Billed on: 24 Sep
As I said when I cancelled the Sports pass yesterday it was removed from my October bill immediately. I do not understand why the advance charge on the September bill was not cancelled as well.
I have had three live chats with three agents who were not helpful. I tried emails but they did not get through.
I don’t know any other way of contacting NOW TV. I do not have a telephone number to call.
Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Right, posting that full info was very helpful. So I can see you've had your free month of sky sports successfully from 15 Sept - 14 Oct and the charge was reduced to nothing so that's all been fine.

Then what happens because NOW TV estimate your next bill they assumed you would carry on with Sky Sports after that and because you get billed monthly they added £10.20 to cover from 15 Oct to 23 Oct which takes you up to your next bill.

So yep if you've now cancelled you just need that £10.20 disappearing from your estimated bill. When I've cancelled things it does take a day or two for it to disappear from the estimated bill (I think their systems must only update every so often).

So I'm pretty sure you'll see it  to disappear in the next day or so. But if not post straight back and I'll tag the NOW TV Team on here for you to make sure it gets looked at before your next bill date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Any (Legend 2)
Thank you very much for your reply.
I will let you know if and when it disappears.
Wish I had done a post before, it would have saved me a lot of time!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just occured to me what you've posted is the September bill that you've already paid. So I'm still not quite correct - double sorry!!

Because you get charged in advance, you've already paid £20.19 on 24th Sept which included the £10.20 advanced payment right?

If so, NOW TV will credit this back on your October bill. So can you just check when you go to your My Account > View My Bills page, ignore Current Bill and if you look at the Next Bill section there should be an adjustment credit of the £10.20 (in other words you'll get the £10.20 knocked off your next bill instead). 

Is it showing there? If the only other thing you pay for currently is your movies pass your Next Bill should be close to zero (might even be a negative bill). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hello again Andy (Legend 2)

Yes £20.19 transaction appears on my September credit card bill received last Saturday which will be paid by DD on 28 October. This was when I became aware of it.
I checked my NOW TV October bill which shows only £9.99 for my cinema pass, no adjustment credit.

So £20.19 will be paid by DD this month and I hope that as you suggest there will be a credit on the October bill before it reaches my credit card statement.

Thanks