cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Favourite TV Shows

Dear Forum Members

What is, or was, your favourite TV show and why?

To kick this off, I would like to say that "The Flash" is my current favourite and "Daredevil" is a past favourite.

The Flash is a light show that hits that "escapism" spot, i.e. not too serious without being comedic or ridiculous.  As for "Daredevil", he is as dark and gritty as I want my serious heroes to be and, like any mere mortal, he gets hurt and he bleeds.

I am really looking forward to the second season of Daredevil, especially when they introduce the Punisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_A0Wx0jU4

Oh Yeah Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

UK Bob

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

Dear Forum Members

Daredevil Season 2 is coming, here is the Official Trailer - Part 2 to whet your appetite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

UK Bob

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Dear Forum Members

What is, or was, your favourite TV show and why?

Quantum Leap.  Well-written, great characters and had an emotional punch.

Current favourite is probably Orange Is The New Black because of the quality of the writing and the well-balanced range of characters.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

ukbobboy
Legend

@DarylM

Well Daryl

I use to love Quantum Leap back in the day, it was one of those "not to be missed" series.

However, when the show makers tacked on that "sugary/schmaltzy female intro", well that killed it for me. 

All it takes is a small miscalculated detail that will spoil an entire film or show for me, for example in the Stargate (1994) film there is a scene where the main characters are walking on an alien planet in front of a pyramid, and the planet's two moons can be clearly seen in the sky above the pyramid.

Well, rather than make the alien moons alien the film makers decide to use two static pictures of our (Earth) moon, slightly tilted so that the moon on the left points right and the moon on the right pointed left.

Using our moon in an alien setting absolutely killed the Stargate film for me.

UK Bob