cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dkilpin
Advocate

Connection of solar power battery

Hi I’ve recently changed my Wi-Fi from sky to now. I have solar panels and a battery system where I sell electricity back to the grid. Since I’ve swapped it has disconnected. After many emails to social energy they think it’s because of a firewall blocking the internet router. I bought an erthnet cable but still hasn’t worked. I’ve been told to contact now to ask them to remove the firewall. Any ideas how I do this as I can not speak with anyone in person? Please help. Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
chilli2
Elite

The first point of call when anything odd is playing up is to check if you have the so called broadband buddy - although buddy is a very loose term as it sometimes feels like the drunken "buddy" that seems to latch onto you in a pub that you wish would just go away .

enough of that heres how to find the settings:

on this website ( not the router config) at the top right you will see "my account " click on that then at the top of the my account page will be a tab for my details and settings, this will open up a scroll down go to settings and pins and then there lurking like a mischievous toddler is the Broadband buddy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dkilpin 

You’ll need to call the broadband team using the number from the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

The first point of call when anything odd is playing up is to check if you have the so called broadband buddy - although buddy is a very loose term as it sometimes feels like the drunken "buddy" that seems to latch onto you in a pub that you wish would just go away .

enough of that heres how to find the settings:

on this website ( not the router config) at the top right you will see "my account " click on that then at the top of the my account page will be a tab for my details and settings, this will open up a scroll down go to settings and pins and then there lurking like a mischievous toddler is the Broadband buddy

Dkilpin
Advocate

I’ve found it does that mean I have to turn the broadband buddy off? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Dkilpin 

Maybe don't turn it off, but set it to age rating 18.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-and-manage-broadband-buddy

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

Yes,   turn it off, wait a while and try the solar system connection again

Dkilpin
Advocate

Thankyou.