cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC app

The BBC sport app through the nowtv box is terrible. It is impossible to watch any live sport without it cutting out every 20 seconds. Everything else seems to work fine and streaming bbc sport through any other device is perfectly fine. Perhaps the folks at nowtv might want to looking into what's wrong with the App
2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Under the settings in the BBC sports app, does changing the video quality from standard to best quality or vice versa have any affect ?

Also in the My App section have you tried to delete the BBC sport app and then reinstalling back again, then rebooting the box ?

After that i would try a forced update by pressing 5 x Home, 3 x FF and 2 x RW on the remote controller.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just to add to what @schnapps has said

What type of now TV box are you using? (White, black or smart box) and is the box connected to your TV via HDMI?

Keep in mind that even if the the video settings in the BBC sport app are set to best quality can take up to a minute for a video stream to get to the point where it is HD quality. I would also recommend a stable Internet connection speed of 5Mbps or faster to guarantee HD quality. keep in mind that most of the time HD quality will only apply to live streams in the BBC sport app. Many of the highlights videos are SD

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.