cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart TV Box.... Now TV not connecting

I’ve read other threads that haven’t really helped...

I have a smart now tv box set up wirelessly. I received as a birthday present in September so not had it that long.

Over the last 2 days, every time I turn on my tv, it will not connect to now tv. I get to the home screen with all the usual stuff like the continue watching, but when I click on anything, I just gets stuck on the connecting screen, the one with the coloured circles. Doing a factory reset works but I have to do this every time I want to watch now. All the other apps work fine so is not an issue with the internet connection. It’s just the now TV subscription! Although I have tried resetting the internet connections several times but this doesn’t fix it anyway.

Is this a known issue at all? It takes a good 15-20 mins to do the factory reset.... not ideal. Don’t really want to buy a new box and have the same problem, but don’t want to cancel my subscription.... but might have no choice 😢
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoke to soon... just done a factory reset and hasn’t fixed it 😩
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just wondering, who is your broadband provider?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We use talk talk 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Thankyou for the advice, it now appears to be working by changing the output to 50%

It’s took about 2 hours to sort, I am not very technical! I had no idea how to access router settings. Googled it and the instructions did not work. 30 minutes live chat with talk talk finally got there!

So just in case anyone needs to know and save 2 hours of their lives you need to do the below. Sorry if this is super easy and it’s just me being erm not very technical! Looking at the threads everyone seemed to know what to do, so it was probably me.

Open web browser and type 192.168.1.1

Username: admin
Password: admin

BUT!! You will more than likely find that “admin” does not work as a password, it did not for me, and talk talk advised me to use the router password found on the router (not the WiFi password)

Progress!

Click on the home network tab

In the top left click on wireless settings

Go to advanced settings

Change transmit power (percentage) to 50%

I’m now back up and running. Finally!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting an extremely handy guide on how to reduce the WiFi output power on TalkTalk Routers that may be helpful to other TalkTalk broadband customers who are encountering the same problems on the nowtv App.

I am sure your post will be useful to others on here who comes across this thread.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problem at all, glad it will be of help. For those not so technical people, you will not find router settings by logging into your normal talk talk account as I would have thought, follow the earlier walkthrough.