cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Operating NOW TV BOX 4K REMOTELY

My dad is in a carehome. I have bought him a NOWTV 4K and Voice Search box so he can watch his beloved Liverpool on sky.

Whilst he can change his TV to the HDMI where the box outputs to, he is utterly unable to select the correct sports channel using the NOWTV remote. is there anyway I can remotely control his NOWTV and put it on the correct channel for him

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not aware of a method of remote controlling the nowtv box from a different location.

Would your Dad be able to press & hold the microphone button on the smart remote and say "Sky Sports" .

This should open Sky Sports News (first Sky Sports channel on the list) then use the down arrow on remote which will scroll down the channels where the channel name will display on the television screen then press the OK button on the remote to select the Sky Sports channel he wants to watch.

The only other button that might be worth learning (if possible) is the home button if for some reason the box doesn't automatically fire up when selecting the television HDMI input source button.

Also i would suggest going into your Father's NowTV account under My Account > Settings & Pins and add a payment pin just in case your father accidentally purchases other NowTV passes via his box.

A payment pin will then ask for a four digit security code if he accidentally presses the wrong buttons should he mistakenly get into the buy passes section on the box.

chai
Scholar 3

Have to agree with @schnapps 

While the Roku Mobile App can control a Now TV box remotely, this will only work when both devices are connected to the same home network.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. The voice may be an option as he's 99 he can't get his head around the arrow keys!

I did google around and someone also suggested Slingbox-not sure exactly what that is or if it works?

chai
Scholar 3

A Slingbox allows you to control and watch the output of your home satellite/cable TV box remotely over the internet on a PC/phone/tablet.

However a Slingbox only has analog video inputs not HDMI (so would also need some sort of HDMI to composite converter), and the Slingbox is not designed with streaming boxes in mind (although I did read somewhere that some Slingbox apps do know how to send IR commands to a Roku device).

Anyway, hope you find a solution.