cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 Weeks of no NowTV Freeview Channels

It has now been two weeks without my NowTV Box being able to find any Freeview channels, I have carried out the below steps to try and fix the issue, but no luck.

• System update
  • Factory Reset
  • System Restart (Multiple times)
  • Wifi router restart
  • Change HDMI port 
  • Swapped ariel cable

This been an recurring issue in the past, but the box has always managed to find channels a few days later, but doesn't seem the case thise time. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As this hasn't been answered, how do I actually speak to a human being???? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Suppose there is always the possibility that the inbuilt Freeview tuner on the box as developed an inherent fault that can't be fixed by reboots or factory reset etc.

Where the only way to prove this would be to take the smart box to a friends or family members house who have a TV aerial to see if it picks up the Freeview channels where you may have to do a TV channel re tune on the box.

I am assuming you have tested your TV aerial on your main television inbuilt  TV tuner which picks up all the TV channels and when scanning for the Freeview channels on the smart box you connected the main coming TV aerial straight into the back of the smart box (by passing any other devices with a TV tuner where you have split the TV signal).

Anyway, here's a link below to nowtv live chat or alternatively drop them a message on the same link.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices