cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Setting up the WiFi.. hub to TV box

For some reason.. After getting my activation date (today) and a text saying all good to go.. When changing over the leads and cables from current to nowtv, the WiFi connection isn't being found.. Well it says WiFi OK but 'your local connection' and 'internet' are both red crosses. I've put my Ethernet lead in but I can't understand why the wireless connection doesnt work and I have to use the lead?

I've got the password right because I've connected to WiFi on my phone no problem..
The error message asks me to check my password...
Check if my router blocks unknown Mac address?
Or visit website for help.
Error code 014.50

I can live with the lead being In.. But was wondering if I've done something wrong.

Master Micro filter used as per instructions, grey DSL cable with purple ends both in correct place.. Phone line is plugged into master microfilter also and line working fine.

Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Shouldn't be any problem with the Hub and NOW TV Box connecting to each other, and you shouldn't need to change any settings at the Hub. Check you've got the white smiley face on the front of the Hub.

Then start off by unplugging the Ethernet cable, then power down the NOW TV box and power back up again. Then from the home screen of the box, go to Settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection and enter the name and password of the wifi from the sticker given to you on the Hub box (or on back of Hub) - make sure you use all capitals. 

If that still doesn't work post back. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Shouldn't be any problem with the Hub and NOW TV Box connecting to each other, and you shouldn't need to change any settings at the Hub. Check you've got the white smiley face on the front of the Hub.

Then start off by unplugging the Ethernet cable, then power down the NOW TV box and power back up again. Then from the home screen of the box, go to Settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection and enter the name and password of the wifi from the sticker given to you on the Hub box (or on back of Hub) - make sure you use all capitals. 

If that still doesn't work post back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It must of been the switching everything off and on again that did the trick.
Thanks again!
Michelle
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad you got sorted, hope it all goes smoothly from now on!