cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Router only 2.4Ghz WiFi, wow!

Not a massive issue, I'm just a bit taken aback. It's 2017. It seems a bit counter productive selling a fibre product with an inadequate device. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the line to come live - even though BT cut off an hour ago - so it's not the best start.

We've actually disabled 2.4 on our controllers in the office in the last few weeks. Mind bottling!

So anyway, what are these routers like in general terms? I can live with being limited to 2.4Ghz in the short term as it should offer further range but that will depend on the quality of the router. I've an old draytek in a cupboard, should I be dusting it off?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The NOW TV Hub is basically a rebranded Sky SR102 router, which there are plenty of reviews online you can read. Wifi performance is what I'd optimistically call adequate but nothing to set the world on fire. It just about does the job in my house but you may need to play around if you normally have the router tucked away in a far corner - I'm sure you know all the usual stuff like centralising location, minimising obstructions and avoiding electrical interference, as high as possible etc. If all else fails you can always use an alternative device as your WAP.

Anyway see how you get on over the next few days, good luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The NOW TV Hub is basically a rebranded Sky SR102 router, which there are plenty of reviews online you can read. Wifi performance is what I'd optimistically call adequate but nothing to set the world on fire. It just about does the job in my house but you may need to play around if you normally have the router tucked away in a far corner - I'm sure you know all the usual stuff like centralising location, minimising obstructions and avoiding electrical interference, as high as possible etc. If all else fails you can always use an alternative device as your WAP.

Anyway see how you get on over the next few days, good luck!