cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, we did not recognise either your username or password

Unable to login to app on Sony TV.

Frustratingly worked fine a few days before - I had to reset TV.

- App reinstalled twice

- Username and password doubled checked, and working on phone/PC

WHAT IS GOING ON? NowTV SW seems very flaky (does work on my laptop), but very irritating that what DID work now dorsn’t

Any concrete ideas as to how to fix? As user & pwd entered via remote I dont have time/patience to try spdculative fixes!

Just realised that even this forum app is rubbish as it’s ‘auto directed’ this to NowTV box

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try setting the box back to factory settings. 

As you are able to login with your laptop suggests its an issue with the device rather than your account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sadly the root of the problem was doing a factory reset of the TV. Having to do that everytime there is a problem with NowTV's client app is a killer to me as it wipes any other setup I have on my TV - typically an hour job to do. Whilst I agree that the account itself accepted a login and hence this means that both my username & password are valid/working, this does NOT mean that NowTV's SW is not at fault. There is clearly an issue with NowTV's client <-> server interactions, and general testing of their SW.
If anyone else (heaven forbid from NowTV) has any other ideas much appreciated. Even if a recognition by NowTV that a 'known bug'... Why don't NowTV list known bugs - rather than asking the 'community' to take the role as detectives, but with no access to the real status of the apps!
Note that I mistyped last night and the app does NOT work on my laptop - just my desktop. NowTV can't even get a Windows app to work reliably. Worst SW package I have ever come across
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Why would a factory reset of the NOW box cause the TV itself to be put back to factory settings?

Both are completely separate devices. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
As mentioned in the original post content when I put I the error message in the title the system automatically put my post in 'NowTV box' category - yet another reason to be irritated by the NowTV customer service system. For a open source SW package I would accept customer service being provided by the community - for a service that you pay significant amounts to get I would expect customer service to be done by the service provider! This is just lazy/cheap customer service

The TV is a Sony Brava smart TV - hence has NowTV client app on the TV and not on a separate box
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry bud I never noticed the original thread wih you mentioning Sony! It was my confusion with the tag. 

Currently I have a Sony Bravia Android 9 TV, used NOW last night to watch Young Rock without any issues. 

NOW staff seldom monitor the forum, so its customers like you and me that dive onto it. So I can only really offer guidance with my experience. 

Whilst I understand setting the TV back to factory settings might not be ideal, it is something I have done a few times where other apps simply wouldn't work despite the number of times I uninstalled and reinstalled them. 

Can I assume you are getting past the "QR Code" page when you launch the app by pressing OK to close the page?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
HI there. Yes I've been bypassing the QR code - as for new customers. Looks like I'll just have to do a full factory reset again - when my energy is up to it.
As I previously had it working (before reset) I know it CAN work...
Thanks for your attempts to help