cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Power light flashing

We have had our box for not even a week and we found the white (power) light keeps flashing, we have tried to re set the box but nothing works.. the light just keep flashing... please help! Thank you in advance 🙂

87 REPLIES 87
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 Nope - every TV i have tried it on just says no signal. All other devices in the house are connected to the WIFI fine.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If your box is faulty, it will be under warranty. Did you get it from the nowtv website or in a store? 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 it came from Amazon. I think the easiest thing to do will be return it under warranty. 

Thanks for your time

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Before you do, try unplugging and disconnecting the cables, then leave for about half an hour. Then connect the cables up again and turn it on.

Sometimes this works. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Hi DC

I'm probably too late to contribute a possible solution to your problem but I'll still have a go.

Now, from your previous posts it seems that you are experienced in setting up your peripheral equipment to connect to your wi-fi system, so what I am about to suggest my sound like "teaching your granny to suck eggs".

OK, have you checked that you have typed in your wi-fi password correctly on your black box, you know that if this PW is not typed in exactly as stated on your ISP supplied document you will never get an Internet connection.

My question may seem simple but you'll be surprised at how many people miss this.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

The OP wouldn't be able to get as far as entering the password as they can't get the NOW TV box to display on the TV screen - sounds like a HDMI issue - might be worth trying a different HDMI cable and/or a different HDMI port on the TV/different TV set in the house, but if no joy then go ahead and return for an exchange.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Anonymous User @caseyb1993

Hi Andy

I understand your suggestion but I thought that HDMI problems displayed a purple screen, not a "No signal" error.

I tend to agree with Casey on this one,  "flashing light" is more likely to be an Internet problem.

However, we could all be wrong due to having so little info to go on, not knowing DC's setup and we're all doing our best "guesstimates" (Smiley Happythat's not a made-up wordSmiley Happy)

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Sorry if you thought I was contradicting you or Casey, you are right the flashing light is because it is not set up on the network due to having been reset, but the problem the OP is having is that they have a no signal message on the screen. This means the TV is not receiving a signal on that particular source so until they can get a 'picture' from the box up on screen they won't be able to do anything about setting up the box.

It could be as simple as the TV isn't on the correct source (eg box is plugged into HDMI2 but the TV is switched to HDMI1) but assuming the TV is switched to the correct input there is something stopping the box displaying on screen. So trying a different HDMI cable (or reconnecting the HDMI cable as Casey suggested), trying a different HDMI port and/or trying a different TV to rule out an issue with the TV's HDMI port might be worthwhile.

PS purple screens are a HDMI handshake issue rather than the TV not receiving a signal at all.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

PS purple screens are a HDMI handshake issue rather than the TV not receiving a signal at all.

Sorry that should be HDMI HDCP handshake issue. And sorry to Casey as well for good luck.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy@Anonymous User@caseyb1993

Andy

No need to be sorry, you have made some good points and everything is dependant on what DC does next.

For me, and I guess Casey too, we are here to help when we can and learn when  we can't.

Happy new year.

UK Bob