cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sound on tv box

Hi I have set up my now tv box and there is no sound at all looked at other threads and tried them all and still not working, does anyone have any info for me please?
10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried switching off the nowtv box and TV, then disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable both ends ?

Might be worth a try.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of your television?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's quite an old tv but has a hdmi port I have tried unplugging, a new hdmi lead and a hard reset lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a Murphy tv 15 inch I work away from home so easy to transport lol
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Blimey that is an old tv, haven't heard or seen a Murphy branded tv in years.

I am guessing you tried the nowtv box on another tv set (assuming you have a second tv available to test) and the sound works fine on the other tv ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It's a Murphy tv 15 inch I work away from home so easy to transport lol

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do other devices connected to your TV's HDMI ports work okay?

What audio output settings are selected on your NOW TV box?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It works fine on other tv's and I don't have anything else to try on this tv with me and the sound setting is on auto sterio and hdmi is on auto detect
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
It works fine on other tv's and I don't have anything else to try on this tv with me and the sound setting is on auto sterio and hdmi is on auto detect

@Anonymous User

Based on the above, i reckon you can take the nowtv box out of the fault finding equation.

Like SMD said, ideally it would be useful in the fault tracing process to test the hdmi port on your Murphy TV with another hdmi device to see if the TV can output sound from a different external hdmi source.

Out of curiosity does your Murphy TV have a composite red and white audio input ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah it has the output lol