cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Issue: reboot after each show/film

I am having an issue on both the black boxes that i have (but not the white boxes) .

After playing a film or tv episode if i attempt to play a second film or tv episode i get the swilry colours waiting animation and it will not play the second thing; i need to exit out of the Now TV app to the customised "Roku" main menu, (normlaly hit home button then now tv button again) and then back to the film or show and it plays perfectly.

The palyback quality is perfect both before and after and one box is on wired and the other is wirelss; so is not an internet or bandwidth issue?

Any advice would be appricated as it is starting to drive us mad!

J

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

still doing it, still nothing from any "now tv" representative!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

This seems to be a problem that won't just go away by itself and has cropped up here in the "Black Box" section and also in the "Smart Box" section, where in the thread:

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/NowTV-Will-Only-Play-A-Single-Episode-Movie/td-p/412881

@Anonymous User has done some brilliant work in narrowing the problem down to the Virgin Hub.

I have flagged this up to @Anonymous User on the NowTV team and asked for his findings to be passed on to the "Tech Team" but we haven't had a response yet. Smiley Sad

@Lindzi and myself will, no doubt, keep trying as the good folk who are having this problem must be getting fed up by now as we've been waiting months for some news.  However Badabing has done the hard work and nailed things down for the Boffins, so let's hope we get a cure soon, eh?

All the best. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As @Anonymous User is online:

Hi Ranj, can you pass these two threads on to the "Tech Team" please?  Badabing has found something which should help with this, so the threads here and in the Smart Box section should be of interest to them.

Many thanks in advance. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thansk for all the discussion and highlighting yo tech support; if you need a Guinea pig for diagnosis or fixes feel free to contact me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well after jumping through a few hoops with Virgin I now have their latest hub 3 & the problem appears to have gone away.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well after jumping through a few hoops with Virgin I now have their latest hub 3 & the problem appears to have gone away.

@Anonymous User Nice to hear. 🙂 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you @Anonymous User for coming back and letting us know. It confirms now that it is the Virgin hub issue. I may now try and get myself an upgrade......very over due for me! I have been on old equipment for way too long.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

IT would be useful for a few more people to try Hub 3 to get further evidence for a fix - get onto them @Lindzi , there's always the threat of moving to Sky Broadband to boost your request! 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

I really do have to @Andy I have been out of contract with them for well over 5years! I have very old equipment and paying through the nose for the privilege.

p.s. did you watch Westworld? What did you think?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Have a look at the following to give you some inspiration!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/haggle-with-virgin-existing-customer-tips

I just managed to get Westworld in in time, I did enjoy it, but it was much more of a slow-burner than I was expecting. But I found all the backstabbing, sneakiness and dodgy goings on behind the scenes good fun, to be honest I got a bit bored every time we went back to Westworld! Didn't see the twist of you-know-who turning out to be an android until it was almost on us so that was good as well. Not up there with TWD or GoT but I'll look forward to the second series!