Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV Will Only Play A Single Episode / Movie

I have two Now TV boxes:

1. A NowTV Box (black)

2. A NowTV Smart Box

I can browse to and play a single episode or movie but, upon completion of the episode/movie, if I select another episode it will not play. To workaround this issue, I can hit the home button on the remote and then I can watch another episode.

The problem occurs on both the boxes.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the board. Smiley Happy

This problem seems to be raising it's ugly head more and more but (As far as I can remember) this is the first time that it's cropped up on a Smart Box. There are a few threads about this in the "Black Box" section, after @Lindzi reported something very similar and whilst it's been driving her round the bend, she has even tried the NowTV app on her Samsung telly and it's just the same on that.

Now TV actually know about this and are supposed to be working on it but we have had no updates or news, as yet.....Sorry that I can't be of more help as there doesn't seem to be a proper "Fix" for the problem. Smiley Sad

In saying that, a few folk on here have thought that it's (Maybe) something to do with some settings in their "Virgin Hub".....I don't know whether you use Virgin as your ISP so again, that might not be much help.  

Sorry that I can't give you a definite answer but at least you know that you're not alone.  It's very strange as it doesn't seem to affect everybody but for those it does...It must be really annoying and a fix should be given top priority by the Boffins in their "New Years Resolutions".....Well. we can only hope. Smiley Wink

All the best. Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I am a Virgin Broadband user so will have a play about with the Virgin hub to see if there is anything in there that I can alter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and thanks for the reply.

Do you know, this is getting like a bit too much of a coincidence....So many folk with this problem seem to have the "Virgin Hub", I don't have it and is that because I have the Sky Hub?

Info like this can only help the Boffins at Now TV get to the bottom of it and bring us a fix....Let's hope so anyway! Smiley Happy

Thanks again and all the best! Smiley Wink

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User yep it is an issue for me and although nowtv have told us they are looking into it, I am not that confident that they are.

I think that we have to live with it until enough of us complain, hopefully that will encourage nowtv to give at least some feedback on what the issue could be.

There are a few threads on this and no word from nowtv for weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi and I hope that you had a lovely Christmas. Smiley Happy

You are right, we could do with some feedback from Now TV on this as, every day, it seems that more and more New Posters are coming on here to complain/ask about this, or something so similar that it must be connected....Just explained a tad differently.  To be fair, this is about the only place that they can ask and I know that we and others are happy to try and help....Even if it is only "Tea and Sympathy" as @Andy said in another thread. Smiley Wink  (You are right as well, Andy, but it's all we've got apart from some Shortbread Fingers!.....Did you have a good Christmas, mate? Smiley Happy )

To be honest, I think that the good folk who are finding this site to ask about the problem are the tip of the iceberg and there must be loads of NowTV customers, getting really frustrated with this and are putting up with it in silence. Smiley Sad

As I've said before, up to now, I haven't been affected by this but it's probably only a matter of time......We're doomed, Captain Mainwaring, doomed! Smiley Wink

All the best for the new year Lindzi.....You too Andy! Smiley Very Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Happy New Year to you too pilgrim!!

*completely non-PC image incoming warning*

Unknown.jpeg

Lindzi
Elite 2

Thanks @Anonymous User I had a great Christmas...hope you did too! Just nice not to be at work to be fair.

I think you're right that the posts on here are just the tip of the iceberg but how do we get the nowtv folk interested when it's an online only service. Maybe one day it'll suddenly start working.

All the best for 2017 too 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As an update, I placed another router in line with the Virgin Hub and connected one of the failing boxes to that instead of the Virgin Hub.

The Now TV box connected directly to the Virgin Hub still has the issue.

The Now TV box connected to the new router does not have the issue.

I think therefore that the other posters are absolutely right that the issue probably lies with the Virgin Hub.

Thanks for your help on this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant work @Anonymous User and thank you.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anybody from the NowTV team online as I type this so I can't give anybody a "Shout" but if anybody knows an "@" somebody...(My "Go-to Guy" was @Jason-C but I think he has moved up the ladder at NowTV Towers...Great Chap and always tried to help)...Can they pass this on, please.

As I say, Badabing (Great name, by the way) that is, seriously, some great work...Above and beyond the call of duty, well done, Sir!Smiley Happy

On behalf of @Lindzi , myself and others..Thank you!