cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Issue: reboot after each show/film

I am having an issue on both the black boxes that i have (but not the white boxes) .

After playing a film or tv episode if i attempt to play a second film or tv episode i get the swilry colours waiting animation and it will not play the second thing; i need to exit out of the Now TV app to the customised "Roku" main menu, (normlaly hit home button then now tv button again) and then back to the film or show and it plays perfectly.

The palyback quality is perfect both before and after and one box is on wired and the other is wirelss; so is not an internet or bandwidth issue?

Any advice would be appricated as it is starting to drive us mad!

J

48 REPLIES 48
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the board. Smiley Happy

This problem that you are having sounds exactly like @Lindzi has described.  She has been driven bonkers by it and has tried updating her Black Box and also using the Samsung (I think) App....All to no avail, I'm afraid.

We have reported this, a few times as it happens to NowTV and they are supposed to be working on it...Not that that helps Lindzi or yourself...Sorry. Smiley Sad

What is interesting and might help the Boffins come up with an answer is that you don't get the same problem on your White Boxes. 

If it helps, I don't think that it is just you....Lindzi (Hi there, Lindzi Smiley Wink) might be able to tell you more than I can because, as I've said many times, this problem has me baffled!

It is a problem that needs sorting soon as it must be really annoying.

I'm sorry that I'm not the bringer of good news but like I say, NowTV know about it.

All the best! Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User

My black box and Samsung app does this if I want to continue watching the next episode of the same series, it will let me go from one box set to another without having to hit the home button and then back into NowTV. I think your situation must be even more irritating than mine!

I do find NowTV great for content but it has so many of these 'buggy' type things that can just drive you nuts. Why it affects some and not others is also a mystery to me as well! As @Anonymous User mentioned I have even tried the Samsung TV app and that didn't work for me either.

I am hoping that the NowTV folks will fulfil their promise and look into it, but it has been radio silence for a while now and no update on our previous posts as far as I have seen.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

So this evening my box is now doing exactly what yours is doing....having to go to home screen to watch something new

This is an absolute joke, sort it out please NowTV as this is going from bad to worse. If you can't get continue watching to work just bin it and go back to 'recently watched'

@Anonymous User can you actually believe it! I am sooo annoyed!

Aaaaand breathe
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are not alone I have been having exactly the same problem for the last few weeks, even tried swapping the black box but to no avail, this has only started happening recently so obviously related to a software update. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

How odd... 

I watched 'Legends Of Tomorrow' on Sky 1 and switched to 'Blindspot' on Sky Living without any issues. And now I've just flicked over to 'The Young Pope' on Sky Atlantic... All without issue...

Lindzi
Elite 2

@SeeMoreDigital 

It is odd, I've not be able to use continue watching since Oct/Nov time, if I chose watch now I got the circles of doom but this evening it's gone one step further. 

Just want NowTV to look into it really and give some feed back as I suspect it's not being looked into at all. 

I thought it was the box but the samsung app did the same. I don't understand how it works for some and not others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Out of curiosity I am using the Virgin black super hub are others with the problem using the same ?

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User yes me too

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That`s interesting  Lindzi I wonder if that could be the common denominator time will tell, hopefully now this thread is growing a few more people who have the problem will join the conversation.