cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Device Issue: reboot after each show/film

I am having an issue on both the black boxes that i have (but not the white boxes) .

After playing a film or tv episode if i attempt to play a second film or tv episode i get the swilry colours waiting animation and it will not play the second thing; i need to exit out of the Now TV app to the customised "Roku" main menu, (normlaly hit home button then now tv button again) and then back to the film or show and it plays perfectly.

The palyback quality is perfect both before and after and one box is on wired and the other is wirelss; so is not an internet or bandwidth issue?

Any advice would be appricated as it is starting to drive us mad!

J

48 REPLIES 48
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I am going to call them and see what I can get, I have been meaning to but now I want the V6 box and to have it they'll need to upgrade my hub and broadband speed....we'll see how I get on Smiley Happy

Yes I felt the same as you re Westworld, I was a bit bored with it until the last couple of eps where we started finding things out. I am a bit impatient with the whole slow burner thing.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Good luck! Just imagine, if a new hub fixes all your NOW TV woes you won't know what to do with yourself!! 😉

Lindzi
Elite 2

I know @Andy what would I moan about if it gets fixed! Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lindzi I had the early mk1 hub myself they refused to replace it unless I upgraded my package which I was not prepared to do, they did however eventually send me the Hub 3 FOC.

Much better piece of kit ignore all the bad reports you will find about it on the web

Personally I think their TV along with Sky  is very overpriced so these days it is freesat & Now tv.

Can`t  fault Virgin broardband though  providing you re negotiate the price with them on a regular basis.

Lindzi
Elite 2

Thanks for the tip @Anonymous User

I have the full house tv package but still on lowest broadband speed and have an very old V+ box, if they do not do something for me I will have to sort out a TV ariel and just have freeview and Now TV.

We'll see how I go, I have never contacted them to moan but it is time to give it a go I think.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi Smiley Wink

Just a note to add to any bargaining power that you might need, I'm with Sky and I'm really happy with them......I know, I know, others will say that they are rubbish but this isn't about "My Router's better than yours", it's just a bit of info.

I am on "Unlimited Broadband" and I've just done a speed test....20.91 mbps "Down" and 2.40 mbps "Down".  That's more than enough for what I need and you get a nice,new, shiny black router into the bargain. Smiley Happy

I am also on the "Skytalk Anytime" package which gives me line rental and free calls, 24 hours a day to any landline....If I want to call a mobile number, I use my mobile to do it.  

The package for the two costs me £35.40 per month and it's, pretty much, fixed price as the only chargeable calls would be to a mobile and I work around that.

If you have any bother with them, the call centre is in Newcastle and, the twice that I have used them (In 5 years) they have been great.

I couple this to my NowTV boxes and (For Freeview recording) a Humax PVR....To be honest, I actually watch Freeview through the Humax, just for the "Pause" feature and I love it.

It sounds like you would need to get an external aerial fitted and (locally) that costs between £50 and £70. Smiley Surprised

I don't know what your "Full House Package" costs with Virgin but if you could use any of the above info to bargain with them, then I hope it helps.

Now then...Go get 'em Lindzi !! Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whoops!....I meant to say 20.91 mbps "Down" and 2.40 mbps "UP" ......As per usual, I don't know my head from my backside (That's the cleaned up version) Smiley Wink

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for all the info! The ariel thing is a bit of an issue as I live in a ground floor flat and property is a 3 storey house.....I wonder how they would get up there?! I expect it would put the price up no matter how they did it ? I am not allowed a Sky dish as it is not allowed under my lease so I couldn't have Sky TV....although Virgin don't know that do they Smiley Happy

Good bit of bargaining info that you gave me too, I can quote some figures and I'll check Sky website and see if I can get some direct comparisons to quote as well.

You'll miss though when I am not on here moaning about 'continue watching' Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Lindzi

The ground floor flat in a 3 storey building thing, could be a problem.....Have the other residents got aerials? (Quick scurry outside to check the roof needed Smiley Happy )  You say that you are not allowed a Sky Dish and I do know that a lot of properties (especially newer ones) aren't allowed external aerials either, they have to put them in the loft.  There are some good indoor digital aerials about and a look at some of the reviews on Amazon about them, might help but it's really a bit "Hit and Miss" as it all depends on your individual area/house/room for the best reception with those.

If you can, an external or loft aerial is best but as you say, Virgin don't need to know anything about that do they?Smiley Wink

Just to clear things up, I don't have a dish either, I'm only with Sky on their "Unlimited Broadband and Skytalk Anytime" package and I like it!

I would miss you if you weren't here, Lindzi but as for your moaning.....I'm sure that both you and I can find other things to do that about, can't we? Smiley LOL......Now then, you mentioned "Continue Watching"..........Smiley Mad

Take care, Lindzi Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a couple of other points that I've just thought of @Lindzi

A local Aerial Fitter will know the area where you live and will have no problem getting up the extra storey on your building with extension ladders, if you need an aerial and shouldn't charge you extra for it.  Another thing is, have you got an aerial outlet socket in your room? If you have it will be in the corner, near the window, by the double electric socket.  Some Flats have a "Communal aerial" fitted with feeds to each flat channelled into the walls...You never know!

If you do change ISP's then I remember that the change to Sky (From AOL...Remember them?...Nightmare! Smiley Surprised) was great, they kept all their promises of change over dates and made the transition really easy.  Many other companies will be the same but I have heard a few horror stories about certain, cough, "household names", cough, when it comes to customer services and change overs.

I hope that you get sorted, one way or another, Lindzi....TTFN Smiley Happy