cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv wont appear on my tv

Hi,i have tried everything but cant get now tv to appear onto my tv anymore.it used to appear on my tv when you went into source on tv or when you just pushed button on controller now theres nothing.can any one suggest anything plz.thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using a NowTV Stick because you have posted in the stick section of the forum ?

When the television is switched on and the stick is powered up is there a white light showing on the body of the stick ?

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your television and are you using the supplied power adapter that came with the stick instead of the power off the USB port on your television ?

Last resort you could try factory resetting the stick by holding in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 seconds whilst both the stick and television is switched on.

With a factory reset you will have to setup the stick again from scratch, by using your same existing account details.

if none of the above works and the stick doesn't work on another television in the home (if applicable) then there is always the possibility that it is faulty.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using a NowTV Stick because you have posted in the stick section of the forum ?

When the television is switched on and the stick is powered up is there a white light showing on the body of the stick ?

Have you tried a different HDMI port on your television and are you using the supplied power adapter that came with the stick instead of the power off the USB port on your television ?

Last resort you could try factory resetting the stick by holding in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 seconds whilst both the stick and television is switched on.

With a factory reset you will have to setup the stick again from scratch, by using your same existing account details.

if none of the above works and the stick doesn't work on another television in the home (if applicable) then there is always the possibility that it is faulty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for replying.

Theres no white light on stick does that mean no power getting through..

I tried everything else you meaned and nothing.

Do you know if it is broken and i  get another stick can you join it to my now tv already have.thanks again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry mentioned

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No white light on the stick might be a power issue problem or maybe a faulty stick.

Have you tried your stick with the supplied power adapter or the USB port on the television if it supports 5V DC 1A.

Also if you have another television in the home, try the stick on the second television with both the supplied NowTV power adapter and USB port on the second television.

If you have a 5V DC USB power adapter lying around the house (for example Amazon Fire Stick, Fire Tablet, Chromecast, Some mobile phones etc) then try a different power adapter on the stick.

Should you still have no joy, then you need to contact the Retailer or Shop you purchased the stick from.

Once you have a replacement stick, then just use the same account details on it and all your passes should appear on the new stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for reply.

Im thinking of getting a now tv box as stick has had it.does it make any difference 

with your account  going from a stick to a box??

Do you know as its got 1month free cinema

1 month entertainmemt same sport 

Can you still have the deal even if your got one already up and running ..thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There should be no difference going from a NowTV Stick to a NowTV Box on your account (just make sure when you buy the box that you use your existing NowTV account details when you setup the box).

With regards to the one month Cinema, one month Entertainment and one day Sports pass electronic vouchers that comes embedded with the box, they will be all automatically uploaded to your account once you setup the box.

The one day sports pass will be saved on your account, where you can redeem the one day pass sometime in the future at a date of your choice when hopefully sports comes back to some sort of normality.

With the one month Cinema & Entertainment voucher, these two passes will kick in automatically if you haven't got an active pass of these types on your account or will automatically start on your next due scheduled payment date if you already have an active Cinema & Entertainment pass that has less than 30 days remaining.

Or if you have an existing offer of more than 30 days remaining on your account, then these two voucher passes will be saved in a folder on your account, where you can redeem them at a later date of your choice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same thing is happening to mine and  I have a smart TV and was working till yesterday

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a Smart TV with the native inbuilt NowTV App on it or have an external device such has a Stick connected to your television for example.

If it's a Smart television with the native inbuilt NowTV App, what is the make and model of the television and what things have you tried to get the App working again ?

Any error message or error code when attempting to watch the NowTV App ?