cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hot hot hot

Hi

This may have been covered before but couldn't see it- upgraded from Mart box to stick - now sometimes I get connection issues and only a pull out lead option cures it( or last night a complete reset), however when I pulled it out to access the reset button it was hot to the touch and the metal end that eneters the HDMI slot was very hot is this right or have I a dodgy stick ?- I also had pixellation on a film that I was watching and the live channels were very grainy, the reset did cure the picture quality but it was still getting warm any suggestions ? Thanks Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The stick does run warm, it shouldn't be 'burn' hot obviously but you can expect it to be reasonably hot to the touch. The stick is designed to display an overheating warning if it does get too hot to operate, in which case you should take action but if you don't see this warning it should be safe to use. However being stuck behind a big metal electrical appliance combined with the internal processors in the stick does lead to a 'hot' internal environment, if you are particularly concerned you might want to get a little HDMI extender cable to allow the stick a little more air circulation. Using the power adapter rather than a USB connection might also help a little.

Having said that obviously if you are at all concerned that the stick is running dangerously hot by all means return for an expanse or contact NOW TV for advice. You can send the NOW TV Team a message or get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yes will try the Spliter to see if that helps- it already runs from the mains so will monitor it and see what happens over the next few days Thanks Richard