cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimVn
Advocate

Device changing

Whenever I stream on my phone and then close to stream on TV ( through Firestick ) it gives error code for exceedng devices - even if I have logged out of the account on the phone. is this a commn problem?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TimVn 

What do you mean logging out on your phone?

See when you stop streaming do you exit the stream then closing the app?

If I recall switching devices can take up to 5-10 minutes. Unless you have boost then your not restricted to 1 stream, but you also benefit no ads with on demand content and other handy features.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
TimVn
Advocate

yes I do log out on my phone but then immediately try the TV app - didn't appreiciate it needs 5-10 mins . this will explain it 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@TimVn 

Absolutely no need to log out bud, this is just a waste of your time 😉

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@TimVn 

As per:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

Getting a 'too many streams' error message?

You were recently watching on a different device

When you stop watching on your first device, make sure you exit the show or movie you were watching rather than just pressing pause, turning off the TV or closing the app. This will signal that the stream has ended.
If you don't do this, you might need to wait up to 10 minutes before you can start watching on another device.

And if you do do it, the switch to another device can be practically instant.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.