cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What more do I need to do to link my NOW box to the TV

I've bought the NOW box, plugged it in, set up my account and connected the box to the TV with the supplied HDMI cable.  But now I'm stuck.  The TV refuses to recognize the box. It's a SONY Bravia KDL-37EX503 and should be recent enough to cope. The screen that showed when I highlighted that HDMI device on the TV menu refused to respond to any of the buttons I pressed on my TV handset or any other handset so I can't do any of the setup.  There are 3 HDMI sockets on the TV and I have tried all of them with no result.     I can't make a direct connection between my Sky Hub and the TV or between the Sky Hub and the NOW box because the Hub is downstairs and my TV is upstairs.     Have I just wasted my money buying this set up or is there another cable I need to somehow make the TV recognise the NOW box?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you connect the NOW TV box up to the TV with the HDMI cable, power the box up and switch the TV To the correct HDMI input, do you see the Let's Get Started screen? If so you should then be able to use the little black remote that comes with the box to set up, including entering your wifi network details and NOW TV account details. If the box seems to have frozen, it often helps to remove the power, wait a couple of minutes, reconnect and try again.

The following help page guides you through the setup process and might help you.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-do-I-set-up-my-NOW-TV-Box

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Geluk
Expert 2

Just try swapping with another hdmi cable, or swap ends.

Additionally try switching Now box power on and off, see if that stimulates your Sony

seeing it; alternately leave box switched on, and switch Sony off & on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear that your having issues.

Did you manage to get them resolved ?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No sadly I'm no further forward. I clearly don't understand how the whole process works or I've got the wrong box or the wrong tv or all of the above. Will try and find an electronics shop who can enlighten me but may just have to give up. Thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you connect the NOW TV box up to the TV with the HDMI cable, power the box up and switch the TV To the correct HDMI input, do you see the Let's Get Started screen? If so you should then be able to use the little black remote that comes with the box to set up, including entering your wifi network details and NOW TV account details. If the box seems to have frozen, it often helps to remove the power, wait a couple of minutes, reconnect and try again.

The following help page guides you through the setup process and might help you.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/How-do-I-set-up-my-NOW-TV-Box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unplugging everything then connecting the HDMI cable before turning the tv on again has indeed worked. It now recognises the box and the small handset and I have managed to go through the set up. Thank you very much for your help - much appreciated.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad you are sorted, hope you enjoy the box!