cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryker
Advocate

Unable to watch now TV,

Just tried watching a film, then entertainment, no luck after putting code in, says to many devices, only 2 or is that to many, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ryker 

Did you follow the link provided by @schnapps ? As it clearly states half way down the page ‘Watch on 1 device or 3 if you have boost’.

That said, you need to figure out what you’ll get with boost as it offers a LOT more than just an extra stream. In fact it makes watching content on relevant devices with NOW bearable.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Also cancel is your friend as I am only paying £2 for boost and have been for the last 18 months.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ryker 

Have a read of this NOW article in the link below on how many devices you can watch on.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices 

Ryker
Advocate

Been on devices and comes up with nothing to say how many devices can be used, before I added entertainment we could use 2 now it seems only 1 at a time, if that is the case then I will end contract ASAP, 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ryker 

Did you follow the link provided by @schnapps ? As it clearly states half way down the page ‘Watch on 1 device or 3 if you have boost’.

That said, you need to figure out what you’ll get with boost as it offers a LOT more than just an extra stream. In fact it makes watching content on relevant devices with NOW bearable.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Also cancel is your friend as I am only paying £2 for boost and have been for the last 18 months.

Ryker
Advocate

Yes I did follow the link to devices and I can assure you that there is no mention of how many devices one can use, plus I can assure you that until adding entertainment about 2/3 weeks ago we could watch on 2 devices, now it is only one, so to say it was2021 all this kicked of way of the mark,, 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ryker 

NOW changed their policy back in around July 2021, where originally you could have two simultaneous streams at a time without Boost which is three.

Since after July 2021 you are limited to one NOW stream at a time without Boost or BT TV customers get two, but one needs to be a BT TV box and started in a particular order.

Ryker
Advocate

Seems strange you mention July 2021 up untill late September 2023 we were able to use 2 devices 

redchiz1
Champion 2

You can use multiple devices, but not at the same time. So if you want to switch from one device to another you need to ensure that you are fully backed out and close the app before using again. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ryker 

To echo what @redchiz1 and @schnapps have said. Streaming on 2 devices at the same time has stopped completely since Summer 2021 when it got reduced to 1 device at a time. 

Around a year or so ago, the number of devices registered got dropped which was previously 6. In favour of the more modern log in and just watch. 

The only exception to the rule of 1 device at a time is what @schnapps said about BT TV customers. 
but one needs to be a BT TV box and started in a particular order.

Outside of that you must have boost to watch on more than 1 device at the same time.