cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV box with tv package

Two of my friends have broadband with Nowtv and they both signed up for entertainment tv packages at the same time and both were sent tv boxes to watch their said packages on. I have done exactly the same and actually paid for a more expensive version than them both but have been told by now tv that I need to buy a box from Argos for £50 if I want to watch my package (do not have smart tv, Xbox, laptop etc.)  I’ve contacted nowtv about this and got the following response “NOW TV sends emails offering free TV boxes to our customers on a random basis. The ones who are lucky get those emails and claim their offer”

This was not the case for my two friends who did not get a random email nor did they have to claim their offers, they were both sent them on initial sign up. What have I done differently to not qualify for a free box? I don’t want to pay £50 for something that I know nowtv send out for free. My internet is expensive and not even very good so I’m now really wishing I’d gone with Virgin media. 

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. There used to be a package called NOW TV Combo which was broadband with a pass combined at a discount and those Combos included a free NOW TV box. If your friends signed up a while ago I'd guess that's what they signed up to.

However NOW TV have stopped doing those now and with the new NOW TV Broadband you don't get a free NOW TV box anymore.  You'd need to buy one separately, or if you don't need a Freeview tuner included you could look at the cheaper NOW TV stick instead.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply this makes sense. I spoke to 7 nowtv customer service representatives in total about this and not one of them mentioned this explanation which should be quite obvious to a nowtv employee. It’s also strange that I cannot purchase a nowtv smart tv box throught nowtv themselves and have to go to Argos or curry’s as nowtv only sell the sticks. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There is a newer version of the NOW TV Smart Box that has been trialled recently, it may be that NOW TV are getting ready to launch this which could explain why it's not available to purchase on the website, however they haven't actually announced anything yet so I can't be sure if this is the case or it's just a stocking issue.

Until NOW TV make an announcement no discussions of the newer box are allowed on the forum, so I'm afraid you'll have to weigh up for yourself whether it's worth buying one now or waiting to see if a release comes soon. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Andy . The current smart box is available on the website, but it's just not immediately obvious that it is NowTV seem to be shooting themselves in the foot. In that respect, which is a bit of a strange way of doing thingsSmiley LOL

https://www.nowtv.com/existing-box-bundles 

If you scroll down your see the smart box

the only access avenue to the smart box appears to be if you click on the NowTV device link in the manage devices section of the my account area. I can't see anything which would suggest the smart box is not in stock

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.