cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart voice remote

I've recently bought the original Now TV smart box with built in freeview  (blue text on box as opposed to new pink text one) I was wondering if I were to buy the smart voice remote would it work with this box? I can then control my tv and now tv with the 1 remote as I see the new remote has volume keys and a power button. Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just been having a re think about my previous post and where i said that the smart voice remote controller works on both the new smart box 4K and older smart Freeview box, which it does BTW because i have both boxes and have used the smart voice remote controller with my older Freeview smart box.

The stumbling block in your case scenario will be that you will initially need the actual smart stick or smart 4K box to utilize the software inbuilt into those devices, for pairing the smart voice remote controller to your television to pick up the infra red code commands for the on /off  & volume adjustment of your television together with connecting to your home wifi network for the remote to operate with the nowtv smart Freeview box.

Therefore on second thoughts my initial reply is not entirely accurate, so i would not recommend purchasing a nowtv voice remote controller for the sole purpose just to use with your smart Freeview box, because on reflection i don't think it will work.

Apologies for the misleading information given and sorry about the confusion that my first post may have caused, where i wasn't thinking straight in hindsight Smiley Embarassed

Also i would recommend you undue the solution acceptance status of this thread because the answer was not correct.

Thanks for your understanding on this embarrassing moment of mine, where in future i will need too logically think through my reply before posting.   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not sure about the smart voice remote for the stick, but with the smart voice remote that comes with the newer Smart 4K box works with the majority of the buttons with the Smart Freeview box.

The buttons that work are as follows.

1. TV on & off standby.

2. TV volume adjustment.

3. Home and Back buttons.

4. Navigation Up, Down, Left, Right and OK buttons.

5. Star button.

6. Play, Pause, FF, RW button.

7. Sky Store direct access button.

Buttons that don't work with Freeview Smart box.

1. Voice search

2. My TV direct access button.

3. TV Guide direct access button.

4. Kids direct access button.

Looking at the specs on this linked help page it seems like the remote controller models have the same model numbers for both the stick and 4K smart box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-box-stick-technical-specification

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thanks for your answer.

I'll pick one up and see how I get on.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Just been having a re think about my previous post and where i said that the smart voice remote controller works on both the new smart box 4K and older smart Freeview box, which it does BTW because i have both boxes and have used the smart voice remote controller with my older Freeview smart box.

The stumbling block in your case scenario will be that you will initially need the actual smart stick or smart 4K box to utilize the software inbuilt into those devices, for pairing the smart voice remote controller to your television to pick up the infra red code commands for the on /off  & volume adjustment of your television together with connecting to your home wifi network for the remote to operate with the nowtv smart Freeview box.

Therefore on second thoughts my initial reply is not entirely accurate, so i would not recommend purchasing a nowtv voice remote controller for the sole purpose just to use with your smart Freeview box, because on reflection i don't think it will work.

Apologies for the misleading information given and sorry about the confusion that my first post may have caused, where i wasn't thinking straight in hindsight Smiley Embarassed

Also i would recommend you undue the solution acceptance status of this thread because the answer was not correct.

Thanks for your understanding on this embarrassing moment of mine, where in future i will need too logically think through my reply before posting.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No problem.

Thanks for the update.