cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris13
Advocate

I have an EE Box with sports , the TV is a smart TV but ordinary remote so how can I pick a match ?

How do I pick a championship match 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Chris13 

Is this the Apple TV box or do you have the NOW App on your smart TV ?

To find Bonus Streams of the Championship football matches you open the NOW App, then top line of the App where you see the gear wheel icon click on "Sport" then the screen should refresh and Bonus Streams should be at the very bottom of the screen.

I haven't got access to my TV at the moment to see if the Bonus Streams are already there.

Sometimes they don't appear until 5 minutes before kick off.

You also need a full monthly NOW Sports Membership to watch Bonus Streams.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Chris13 

Are you referring to TNT Sports which is what EE offer, unless things have changed and they now offer NOW sports?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Chris13
Advocate
No, I got EE broadband then NowTV and added BT now TNT and don’t understand why I could not choose Leeds match as red button didn’t work 🙄

RoyB
Legend

@Chris13 

To be relevant, you must be talking about a Now Sports membership, which you might be able to watch on your smart TV, can watch on your rebadged Apple TV box, if that is what you mean by EE box, or, for all I know, might be the original recording EE TV box, as what I can find on the web is ambiguous as to whether EE pulled the plug on the whole box, a la BT Vision, or just pulled the plug on the EE TV service it was carrying.

But certainly the EE TV box is no longer listed as a supported box by Now.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-now-on-my-device

But have a look at this list, and see if your Smart TV (which it would be useful if you told us the make and model of) is listed there.

But whichever of the three (two?) options you watch Now Sports on, it will be controllable by the remote that comes with that device. Or by a programmable remote set to emulate that remote.

What you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do is control all its functions with another remote; you seemed to be hinting at controlling the EE box with the TV remote. And perhaps you can, to an extent; but there is usually something a ‘foreign’ remote can’t do.

(e.g. I can do everything needed on a Roku Express with the LG Magic Remote that came with our TV, except the Roku * function, for which I need the actual Roku remote. Maybe the Magic Remote can do it, but if so, I haven’t found out how in over two years of ownership).

But if you can narrow down what you are trying to do, on what device with what remote, then maybe we can help you better, if the postings already in this thread don’t cover it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.