cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Smart box / smart stick the same?!?!?

Hi, 

I have a smart box that works fine but going to buy the smart stick as like the voice function! 

Going to lend out my smart box to a friend for a couple of weeks but don’t want to be left with no tv! 

Can I use the smart stick the exact same way as the smart box and then lend the box to my friend or does the box have to stay in my house? 

thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can lend the NowTV Box to your friend if you like if you fully trust your friend (don't give them your account details or password) and if they are going to use your NowTV passes then make sure you are already signed in on the NowTV App on the box before giving the box has a loan to your friend. 

Also to avoid your friend on buying extra or new NowTV passes on your account, go to the Settings & Pins section of your account whilst logged on here and add a Payment Pin. 

When your friend sets up the NowTV box, they will have to go into to the NowTV box settings under Network and connect to their Router.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can lend the NowTV Box to your friend if you like if you fully trust your friend (don't give them your account details or password) and if they are going to use your NowTV passes then make sure you are already signed in on the NowTV App on the box before giving the box has a loan to your friend. 

Also to avoid your friend on buying extra or new NowTV passes on your account, go to the Settings & Pins section of your account whilst logged on here and add a Payment Pin. 

When your friend sets up the NowTV box, they will have to go into to the NowTV box settings under Network and connect to their Router.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to say there should be no problem using the Stick instead of the NowTV Box as long has you have a pretty decent wifi signal behind the television where you are going to install the Stick.

Also bear in mind that you have two simultaneous streams with a nowtv account when using a NowTV Pass (three streams at the same time if you have a Boost Pass) so take that into account if your friend will also be streaming a NowTV pass on your loaned NowTV Box.