cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Purple screen

No matter what I try my TV goes purple when watching now TV channels or on demand content. How can I fix this?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried resetting the box, changing cables etc.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately it is a case of keep trying what you are already doing until you get it to work. Have a look at the following help page which explains what is happening

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Purple-screen-with-sound-NOW-TV-box

It's a case of messing around with the HDMI cable and TV until it works .... I find just changing the input on the TV to freeview and back again sorts it, but you might need to take the HDMI cable out of the box and TV then plug it back again, turn TV off and on again, power down the box and back up again etc. until you find the 'magic cure'! Start off by unplugging both TV and box at the mains, unplugging both ends of the HDMI cable and reconnect, then plug box and TV back in and see if it works.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This fixes it temporarily. After an hour or so it just goes back.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's not uncommon for it to happen once every now and then but it shouldn't be happening several times a day. If trying a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI socket on your TV don't help I'd be tempted to get back in touch with the place you bought it from for a replacement, assuming it's less than a year old.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

What's the make and model number of your television? 

Depending on the age of your TV it might not fully support 1080p signals, only 1080i signals. So you should set your 'smart' boxes 'Display type' output setting to '720p' instead '1080p'...

Cheers