cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv smart box, keeps freezing

Hi 

If anyone can help my smart box keeps feezing on the freeview channels after about 30 seconds, if i plug the aerial straight into tv, picture works fine any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you tried a fresh auto retune of the TV channels on the box ?

If that fails try a factory reset, then a forced software update and then re scan Freeview channels again.

Make sure you know your nowtv account details before undertaking a factory reset.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

It sounds like you are picking up interference from somewhere. The quality (not so much strength) of the DVB-T/T2 signal is vital,

If your 'smart' box is connected to the internet via WiFi, the positioning of an indoor aerial and/or the quality of the aerial cable you're using is important in order to avoid interference between the two signals.

As a general rule, try not to place an indoor aerial between your 'smart' box and your WiFi routers signal path - if that makes sense.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am using an exterior aerial then I have connected box via signal booster using f type plugs to male plug
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Have you always had the Freeview picture issues with the smart box or as it only recently happened ?

Is there an adjustable gain on the booster, if so try reducing the gain controls rather than increasing the gain (I know it doesn't sound logical, but sometimes lowering the gain helps).

I would still try the suggestion in my first post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Never had issues the smart box is connected via earthernet cable and router is right next to box anything else they said it's a faulty box ?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What's the make/model of your booster @Anonymous User? Have you had it long? Has the issue just started?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Wolsey wps100/1 the cable I brought just standard pre made aerial cable
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have you had it long? Has the issue just started?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am using an exterior aerial then I have connected box via signal booster using f type plugs to male plug

If you're using WiFi, you need to be very careful with the choice and positioning of your aerial booster...