cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HDMI not recognised on one TV

Just purchased a NOW TV Smart box and connected it to our main Toshiba TV but the TV doesn't recognise the box over HDMI. Have tried multiple cables in multiple ports but still just get the blue screen as if nothing is plugged in at all. Tried in another TV and it recognised it straight away.

I'm aware aready of HDCP and the handshake process that occurs between two devices over HDMI to ensure one isn't recording copyrighted material... But i can't find any practical information to overcome this. Tried unplugging all other devices from TV, switching off the power, switching on the Smart box first, then the TV, but still no luck.

Any help is much appreciated

Tom

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You have done everything that i would have tried.

There was a member on here that had a similar  problem with a Toshiba branded TV set and seemed to resolve the problem by leaving the smart box switched on for a period of time to unable the box to complete a software update.

Might be worth trying a forced software update on the box.

Here's the link.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/New-smart-box-not-working-on-one-tv/m-p/392087/highlight/true#M770

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This worked. Thanks!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Glad you have sorted it out, did the smart box need a forced software update or did you fix it by some other method.

Just curious.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just let it run its initial set up through another TV which included a software download. TV downstairs then accepted it first try.