cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mini_gem
Advocate

Now TV box not working

My box isn't working at all. Initially it was showing a purple screen. I've unplugged it and waited and switched it back on n now it's just displaying coloured lines on the screen. Have checked all cables Inc hdmi. Not sure why not working. Internet's fine 

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mini_gem 

What happens if you use the NOW Box on a different HDMI port on your television ?

Also I would be tempted if you have a second TV in the home to also temporary test the NOW Box on it, with a different HDMI cable if the above doesn't work.

Mini_gem
Advocate

Thank you. My son did this and the result was the same. We will try it on a second TV today tho, thanks. Whenever it rains bad (like yesterday evening) our now TV box goes dodgy but usually sorts itself out.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mini_gem

If it only happens during bad weather, then I would say you have an internet connection issue outside and it's not HDMI or the NOW streaming TV box fault.

If the NOW streaming box isn't still working when the weather is dry, then try the second television with a different HDMI cable with the box has a temporary test.

If that doesn't work, then if you still have the original working NOW remote and still have an active NOW Membership on your NOW account, then maybe try a full factory reset on the box.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mini_gem 

Another quick question are you using a NOW Freeview Smart box with a TV aerial plugged into the back of the box and the poor picture with regards to bad weather is on the Freeview channels on the NOW box ?

Then bad weather could affect the picture quality on the Freeview channels via an outdoor TV aerial.

If this is the case, check the TV aerial wiring and TV aerial installation and go into the NOW Freeview Smart box settings and also try a fresh rescan of the TV channels.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mini_gem 

This picture below shows a NOW Freeview Smart box.

If you have a different type of NOW box then ignore my post above with regards to the TV aerial and rescanning of the TV Freeview channels on the box which is not relevant if you are using either the black box or 4k smart box from NOW.

Also are you using the NOW streaming box over WiFi or Ethernet if it's not Freeview channels related via a TV aerial.

510KAZnygHL.SS700.jpg