cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonjedward
Advocate

"Installing final updates" never completes

My NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search shows "Installing final updates" and 0% progress. It never gets further, after a while it shows Unable to Connect, yet Check Connection shows the connection is ok. I have switched the Now TV box and router off and on, but it doesn't help.
I can't get it to stop trying to update. What is the intention with these "final updates"?  It was working a few days ago.

6 REPLIES 6
BeastieB

@bonjedward I’ve now got exactly the same issue with my Now box. Was working fine until it took this update… Any help with this one please…? 

RokuSky
Scholar

Hi - could you DM me your Device IDs please so I can check the logs. You'll find them on the Settings/System/About screen. It sounds like the post setup step is failing. If a reboot doesn't fix it then unfortunately you might need to reset the box.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RokuSky 

You are best to tag the person in who you meaning to post this to. Even if its both on the thread as they won’t be notified of your post.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RokuSky
Scholar

@bonjedward @BeastieB please see above message.

bonjedward
Advocate

it finally installed after a few days - but this forum was down for quite a while, so I couldn't post an update

RokuSky
Scholar

OK - glad to hear it eventyally sorted itself out. Thanks for letting us know.