cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Smart Box

was wondering what happend to the Smart TV box i can no longer find it on the now tv site

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User do you mean to buy? It's probably out of stock.  If you mean forum, they had a rearrange which means things aren't where they were. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
chilli2
Elite

Take your pick, firestick or roku.

i would avoid the budget bottom end  entry level models of each .

I own both the firestick and a Roku, however my preference is the roku as its much more of a clean and simple set up/user interface with the apps arranged as tiles in a grid and not much else. the firestick is geared to selling amazon content and as a much more busy ( ie clutered user interface)  full of promoted content geared towards selling amazon content. The fire stick is based arond a variant of android and as such there are a few extra things that can be done with it if you are technicly minded .

I know a few older people some who struggle with a few techy things and as such i have got them roku units and set them up for them

Personal prefences can vary so i would advise you to take a look at both before you buy.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 

Agree 100% on the UI for the fire stick, it is god awful and would benefit of just displaying the apps only like Roku.

For me main reason for having the fire stick over Roku was being able to download a native VPN app.  Which has worked like a charm for Disney+ and now Paramount+.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

If thisd works you should see the Roku and firestick UI

Fire TV UI:

https://images.news18.com/ibnlive/uploads/2020/12/1608110372_amazon_fire_tv_os.jpg?impolicy=website&...

The main apps are in a thin strip which you need to scroll through, underneath you have suggested content  with a heavy bias towards amazon video , and on top you have what ever is being promoted by amazon

roku looks like this, there is sometimes a content related add to the right of the apps grid, but its not always there and isnt biassed to one platform.

both will do Now, and both also have amazon prime video