cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Logos!!

I have now tv smart box after swapping from black box but why is most of logos not showing on freeview channels who controls logos or do they come in on next update and plus have issues when go to Radio on TV guide get now tv logos
13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I had an issue when the smart box was introduced last year with the Freeview TV channels showing in the Radio EPG, which was eventually resolved by a firmware update.

Have you tried a forced software update by going into the smart box secret menu by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed quickly pressing the FF >> button 3 times, followed quickly by pressing the RW << button 2 times on the remote controller ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
Yes I’ve tried that and still does it and why is OS different on now tv black how that has OS 7.7 and smart box has OS 7.5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

My Smart box is running on Firmware version 7.7.3, maybe try another system update on the box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
I only got my smart box today and if think bit weird post on Sunday due to backlog how had bad snow in West Midlands but how long would it take for that version be on my smart box
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thinking about it now, where i am currently on a NowTV Trial where maybe Firmware version 7.7.3 hasn't yet been released to the public.

Perhaps somebody else on here with a smart box can confirm what firmware version is showing on their box.

Have you also tried a factory reset in the smart box settings to see if that rectifies the NowTV live channels showing in the Radio EPG ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps
Not done factory reset and my other two now tv black boxes have firmware software 7.7.3 and I’m not on trial
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If i was in your position i would try a factory reset, just to see if that revolves the NowTV channels located in the Radio now & next EPG.

Should you factory reset the smart box you will have to setup your smart box again from scratch including re scanning the Freeview channels.

With regards to the latest Firmware version of the smart box wait until somebody else on here confirms the firmware version on their smart box who is not on the trial.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Schnapps

You know, reading through this thread it's struck me (again) that there is no reason why the latest OS versions of Now TV's boxes and apps should not be posted in the "NOW TV Service Updates" section of this forum. 

So, @Anonymous User could you put the following in the Ideas Section:-

Please post/publish the latest OS versions of the Now TV boxes and apps in the NOW TV Service Updates section, this will immediately save user confusion by letting us know the OS version we should be running on our devices.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone who not on latest trial can you tell me what current firmware version is for smart box how mine is 7.5.3