cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

JVC Tv remote acts as if its a NowTv remote.

Whe my NowTv box starts up, its as if my standard tv remote is hijacked to become a NowTv remote. The online things i can do is ajust the volume and use the contoller as if it was a NowTv remote, directional buttons, OK, etc...

Does anyone know of anything like this happening, or what i can do to resolve it? I cannot switch the input to access other devies, unless i unplug the NowTv bow from teh power....

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That's weird the nowtv smart remote control normally only picks up the IR codes from the television for standby on/ off and volume up & down.

Maybe when setting up the nowtv smart remote with your JVC instead of accepting the first time you hear the music instead answer no, which should then proceed to the search out other IR codes from your TV (you may have to keep repeating the process until a code is found that doesn't clash with your JVC TV apart from the volume and standby commands).

More info here setting up the smart remote with a TV.

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-and-power-on-my-tv-

Other things you could try is go into the nowtv box menu settings and disable (untick) the 1 Touch Feature and perhaps looking at disabling the CEC HDMI control in your TV menu settings.