cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarvzStyle
Advocate

Disney Plus

Why am I getting a warning that DisneyPlus will no longer be supported on my device from 30 May 2023 and it won’t let me in it even though it isn’t that date yet?

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@HarvzStyle 

Have you any other Now devices to try this on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
HarvzStyle
Advocate

No i do not own any other NowTV devices 😞

producer_ben
Mentor

Hi There,

I don't use NOWTV boxes for TV, but I use their Broadband.  May I suggest you log into a Smart TV and download the Disney+ App, or download the Disney+ App on to your smart phone or tablet, there's even an App in the windows store that can be use on your computer.

You can then use your broaband connection to stream Disney+.  NowTV are nothing to do with your Disney+ registration or billing, so you can use your Disney+ Account on any device you choose.

This is what I do.  I have an LG WebOS Smart TV and an Android phone, plus for those days "in the office" I have it on m laptop too.  Just connect to wifi, open the Disney+ app and you're away .

NowTV is just a Platform like BT TV, Roku, Sky Q and alike.  In the same way, these hardware boxes have limitations.  Netflix, Disney+, Amazon TV and many other online services are always updating their requirements in order to provide a better service and to fix "bugs".  The hardware from suppliers such as BT, Now, Sky, etc aren't always capable of dealing with the updates so they become obselete for some streaming services.  In the same way, streaming platforms also have license agreements with Now, Sky, Bt, etc.  SOmetimes the license conditions change or are no longer met with the service provider, hence why you might also get alerts such as yours.

So as I said, maybe try doing as I said above.  If you're wanting to view on a larger screen, but don't have a smart TV, you can download the app on things like Xbox and Playstation too.  However, with a windows laptop you can connect it to your tv or even a larger monitor usinf the (usualy) HDMI port on your Laptop/PC, then connect that HDMI to your TV.  If you choose "Extend Display", it also means you dont have your desktop on screen and your TV becomes a Second Monitor.

A lot to take in, but I hope this helps

Skegg
Mentor

I am getting the warning bit it does let me in. Looks like another electrical device that works perfectly well is on the way to landfill......

RoyB
Legend

@Skegg 

Those boxes are quite sought after, though, Disney+ or no.

So Factory Reset it, and put it on eBay, and I’m sure you will find a taker, might even get a bidding war.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Skegg
Mentor

Now this is an idea I can get behind! Might even have the box in my loft!