cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Smart Box not recognising login details

2 month old black Smart Box suddenly stopped recognising login details. 1.5hrs on live chat and they send out new one. Set up brand new one and same problem. Another hour spent on live chat. They are baffled and as tried everything to resolve and had a replacement they say they have to get the 'higher technical' department to email me. That was 2 days ago and surprise surprise we haven't heard from them. Really fed up now. Anyone else had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yes we do, works fine on PC etc

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes changed to watching on my phone and will re-try box later.  Have no special symbols in my password so hopefully a temporary glitch!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

good morning folks, can anyone help please, just purchased a nowtv plug in and play box ????, when trying to set up for the first time it say s that username/password nor recognised, i have already changed password & reset box, 

thanks 

HB

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am having this problem tonight. Works on my phone and tablet but not my now tv Roku box. Reset password, still not working. What do I do now?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you tell us if you have any spcial characters in your Username/Email address or Password?

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just purchased a new box and am having the same issue. Logged in OK on my mac and can watch programmes OK. I've tried changing teh passwrod and reset the box without any luck. I have the same error message about not being correct username or password, although I know they are correct.

Help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Can you tell us if you have any special characters in your username/password or email address as this may be the problem? Special characters could be like these !"£$%^&

Cheers

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

No there are no special characters in the username or password. The username was assigned by the system when i registered using my email address.

Thanks,

Paul

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Sorry to hear you are having this issue we can have a look at this for you if you contact live chat here http://po.st/6aBEYV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User Sorry to hear you are having this issue we can have a look at this for you if you contact live chat here http://po.st/6aBEYV