cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Showcase HD (Channel 115)

Can anyone tell me if BT Showcase HD is amongst the freeview channels you get on the new Now TV box?

I notice it says it has 12 hd channels despite the fact that 15 hd channels exist in total.  

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I am in an excellent Freeview reception coverage area at my house and on my NowTV smart box i can get the BT Showcase channel in HD on the smart box Freeview channels.

Watched a free to air Game the other day on the NowTV smart box and the picture quality looked great (just has good has my BT HD sports Package on my BT YouView box subscription IMO).

You would need to double check with the Freeview Coverage Checker Tool online if your post code is in a good reception signal area and you can receive the BT HD Showcase channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User!

Yes, BT Showcase HD is available on the Now TV Smart Box.  If you are receiving other Freeview channels, but not BT Showcase HD, it would be worth doing a channel scan again on your Smart Box.  This is because BT changed their frequency on Freeview a couple of months ago when they upgraded to HD.

Good luck!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User!

Yes, BT Showcase HD is available on the Now TV Smart Box.  If you are receiving other Freeview channels, but not BT Showcase HD, it would be worth doing a channel scan again on your Smart Box.  This is because BT changed their frequency on Freeview a couple of months ago when they upgraded to HD.

Good luck!

Got it in one @Anonymous User Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous User . In my experience the smart box doesn't pick up even small Freeview changes on its own. You have to perform  channel rescans   each time there is a  Freeview change. BT showcase did indeed change its frequency when it switched to HD.

It's worth pointing out. However, that whether you can get BT showcase HD will depend on what Freeview multiplex is carrying the channel and where you are located. If memory serves, it may be Com8 multiplex which carries BT showcase HD , which means overall coverage is a bit limited.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.