cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

updates are supposed to make things better, right?

So I know there are multiple posts about continue watching being cleared (mine too) but I also have the following:-
If I rewind anything when I try to play the programme I get the colour balls of doom - have to exit app and go back to the episode. It then plays from a random point, not where it stopped
If I fast forward credits to get to the end of a programme - above mentioned happens again.
NowTV is becoming a bit too irritating to deal with, please update us on what you are going to do to rectify these new problems that have been created.

33 REPLIES 33
Lindzi
Elite 2

Oh @Andy I totally threw a fit earlier, just can't bear it!

Lg app gives me no problems - ethernet cable direct to router
Samsung tv app ethernet cable into powerline adapter - has the problems
Black now tv box wifi - has the problems

this has been a problem since 11 dec update and black box hasn't updated since. I selected check for updates but it says up to date build 4121/software 7.7.3. No idea how to check samsung app.

But yes if I rewind/forward anything I have to exit and go back in - colour balls of doom and will not play until I do this.

End credits it will forward to the end but then just sits there black screen with the time bar across the bottom soooo exit and then back in.....then it will not recognise that it finished the programme and will have 5 mins (or so) showing left to play in continue watching, so back in that prog ff it again and then it sorts itself.

Driving me nuts and more annoying if it's not happening to anyone else. Should I take it personally?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:
Should I take it personally?

@Lindzi I sometimes wonder if we should have been nicer about Carl all these years?!?!

Now here's an interesting little find! The NOW TV app on my black box was recently updated to v4.4.353 but I've just checked my black NOW TV box and I've noticed it looks like it's been rolled back to the previous v3.12.132 version (check by opening the NOW TV app on your box, going to the My Account screen and looking in the right hand corner). Have you just been having problems today? Wonder if they're rolling back to previous version in order to fix issues with the newer release.

In any case weird that LG app behaves fine. Not now but sometime when you feel like it try temporarily connecting the NOW TV box with Ethernet (either to your router or Powerline) just to check if it only happens over wifi. 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

Oh mine says the same v.3.12.132 but system update says last updated dec 11th at 10.03pm Still no regrets over the Carl bashing though, totally still worth it.

Samsung is ethernet though and that's playing up too. I just feel that every update recently has been a bodge job and has caused more issues, for me anyway. When I first got now tv I thought it was great but slowly I am losing the faith. I don't want to leave the congregation but it's very tempting at the mo.

Annoying end to an annoying day!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Wondering if I got mixed up about my black box having the new app now! Got that many devices around I get mixed up. Some have got the updated app tho so it must be on the horizon, glimmer of hope for you maybe?

You know how phones and tablets are getting bigger these days? Surely one solution would be to carry the LG around the house wherever you want to watch NOW TV? 😉

Joking aside, I'll tag @Tony-D , it's about best I can do for you! Don't leave me all alone for TWD! 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

now I've gone and tagged this thread as solved, will they ignore it now? Doh! 

I love my LG never any bother and behaves itself  Smiley Happy

Would never leave Twd chit chat...I don't watch that on now tv so no change there (don't tell anyone though)

Thanks for talking me down Smiley Happy 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Another LG TV next Xmas, then? 😄

Until next time ... Keep the faith! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi So my black box has now updated again to th v4 version of the NOW TV app, wonder if yours has done the same? If so have you seen any improvement on the FF and REW issue? Fingers crossed! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Andy

Mine is still on v.3.12.132 on the black box. The light on the box came on early this morning so I was hoping it was updating but it hasn't. However, even so I have ff and rw a random show and it was ok.

Not tried the samsung today as I was watching live tv on the app and the app kept kicking me out and going back to home screen - this on powerline adapter which were paired and connected.

If they ever update the Lg app I will be very angry as that is great....watch next works, ff/rw works, live tv works....it all works 🙂
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

Oh spoke too soon did a rewind on black box.....

Sorry something went wrong. We're working on it (No, no you're not!!!)

Error code:- 103
ukbobboy
Legend

@Lindzi @Anonymous User

Hi Lindzi

So your another victim of the dreaded "Error 103", unknown error of an indeterminate nature (I believe), and which can only be fixed by Now TV's techies.

Hang on coz' this may take a bit of time.

Time - Waiting.jpg

UK Bob