cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindzi
Elite 2

error code 103

Nowtv black box is giving me this error - V.3.6.69 error code 103

Buffering every couple of minutes and now it's kicked me off.

Starting to fall out of love with NowTv....nothing works as it should. Is it so hard to give us a working/stable service?
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It happens quite often. It is mainly on my smart tv. I haven't keep a log of the events but I will from now on

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • What things have you already tried to get your NOW TV playback device working again?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie,

Apologies for jumping on this thread, but I have been unable to watch any content via the NOW TV app for months due to the Error 103. 

I have a case number - 01686491 - and was advised 2 weeks ago that my query was being passed to another department for further investigation,  but as yet I have heard nothing back.

If I attempt to watch a movie or tv programme via the NOW TV app (either live or on demand), within 5 minutes I get the error message, and if I attempt to watch the same thing again it only takes a few second for the message to appear, but I can watch other apps such as iPlayer, 4OD and freeview without any issues.

I initially thought that both my black boxes had developed a fault as they both had this error appearing and I purchased a Smart NOW TV box but this made absolutely no difference to the issue.

Could you possibly advise what the resolve is for this as I am becoming increasingly frustrated that I cannot access a service which I am paying for.

Many thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for bringing this to me i have checked the case and can see that it is with our technicla team i have left comments on the case for them to contact you with a resolution 🙂

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I am also getting this error on the Now TV black box,

I am with Bt Infinity, getting a speed of 51mbps down, however I have just switched from Plusnet Fibre and had the same issues.

It mainly happens in the middle of the episode, it streams at the start fine and then for no reason starts to buffer.

I thought it was a problem with the wifi signal so connected the box via an ethernet cable and the problem still continues.

Please work on a solution to this as it is affecting my satisfaction and I have already cancelled my movies pass due to this, only have the entertainment left and seriously considering my options.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

now getting error code 100's after the circle wait prompt comes up on screen for a few minutes, watching the series scandal series 4 ep 21. I have tried on the computer when this is happening and the internet is working fine.

Now considering Netflix if this isnt resolved soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. If your using the Now TV box please try resetting the box by pressing in the Rest button on the back for 30 seconds and wait for the box to reload you will then need to follow the on screen instructions. Please let us know if this helps or not.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Eddie,

this is was one of the first things that I tried was yo rest the box, there is no problems with it streaming on iPlayer or itv player either just now tv and about 4 to 5 times every episode, sometimes the box locks up completely and you need to come all the way out to the main menu and then go back in a launch the now tv app again, the white boxes that I replaced never seamed to have this issue, tho I have got rid of them now so can't go back.

thanks

colin

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Colin

Just a small point, when I was a white box owner I never had a 103 error or did that box ever crash.

However, since I started to use the NowTV black box, which is faster and smoother than the white box, I have had 4 or 5 crashes (grey clouds instead of the home screen) and a number of 103 errors, even one or two on the BBC iplayer.

It just seems that as technology progresses, i.e. gets faster, you run headlong and at a faster pace into more problems.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Trying to watch series 5 episode 2 of scandal tonight and keeps on buffering, then goes to error 103 or 105 getting rather annoyed with this.   

Paying for a service that doesn't work! 

I have had now tv for over 2 years on the same connection, it's only been the last few months that it has got this bad, almost like the servers cannot cope with demand at peak times.